Oldest Pigeon ?

Guest Blaydon Racer

Our original Alf Rothwell busschaert cock is now 22 years old and he is still going strong--anyone got one older ?

Well done there, I've had a Busschaert to 18yrs. says something about their breeding :)

Whats your oldest still racing pigeon.We have one at 7 yrs old and if spared will go with the S.N.F.C to Bourges for the last time. :rolleyes:

GOT MY 7YR OLD HEN BACK TODAY WITH HALF HER TAIL MISSING FROM YESTERDAYS RACE :angry: :angry:

Whats your oldest still racing pigeon.We have one at 7 yrs old and if spared will go with the S.N.F.C to Bourges for the last time. http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I have a 6year old Janssen widowhood cock, who I plan to send to Bovingdon this weekhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif all being wellhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

My oldest racer is a young-looking 2001 Dark Chequer Cock which I have put on the North this year, he had ten races last year up to Bordeaux and this year he has had four races up to Wetherby 217mls.

I wouldn't say he's the fastest but he's never been last to the loft this year, kept him mainly for his looks (has won in the Club shows) He's had 60 races, 36 across the Channel (bearing in mind my loft location, our shortest Channel race is Picauville 100mls.)

Got 15 yr old cock, top racer/breeder he won from 60 miles to 570 mls including 1st section snfc by hour.Topping fed at 115 mls to 334 mls .Countless prizes at club,fed and Open races.A flying machine that I can only dream of reproducing. This bird has bred lots of Snfc diploma winners . Last year alone 2 g.children won from 548 mls and 588 mls. My dark ch cock " Waterside Blackie"

My main 2 stock hens are 12 yrs and 11 yrs old ;)

Guest bernard_grizzle_smith

me and my dad and grandad had a busscheart hen (dotty) 18 years old passed away in the winter

she was my grandad favouite due to winning eastbourne race 3 years on the trot!!! :P