NFC

swilcox

I understand that the NFC have decided in a meeting yesterday to fly south with 2 races from Penzance and 1 from Southern Ireland. Has anybody else heard this? If this is true im just at a loss with the NFC as most people have already turned there birds North!

Stuart Wilcox

AS far as I am aware DEFRA is restricting racing to the British Isles ( excluding the Channel Is) until further notice I cannot see permits being given for racing from Southern Ireland for the NFC or the BICC at this present time. The latest news on the NFC website they have passed and booked a NR programme to be instigated and members notified on 15th April, failing all South Road Races. I hardly think Penzance and Southern Ireland constitute South Road racing for the UK

Im just at a loss to know why the NFC would take such stupid actions as they do and the reasen because we have to many clubs all competing for birdage. Many of the fanciers in the south of england who support the NFC year in year out by actually sending there birds have again been let down. How can you have a national from Penzance its a joke esp when 90% of Combines, Feds and Classic clubs have already voted to fly north.

Even if the channel flying is allowed in June or July who will be in a posiyion to send, everybody is flying north except fanciers in the Midlands and they rarely support NFC races.

Section E and G send by far the most pigeons to National races and i pretty sure 99% of fanciers in that area have already turned north.

Stuart

Personaly speaking. The only sensible choice the NFC had was to go north. I live bang in the middle of the country. and had intended going north. The MNFC were always gonna get stuck with a dogs dinner. For me MNFC are probaly right, but it aint a program I can support. NFC is now no better.

It would have been far better in some ways if Channel racing had been banned for all of 2006, at least we would have known where we were going instead of having all these half progammes, hang on until June race programmes, and Old Bird only programmes.  At least with the Paramyxo and Foot & Mouth crisis we knew what we had to do. At the moment we are just stumbling from one DEFRA meeting to another with the Sport pulling itself apart. I sincerely hope Channel racing returns but all this uncertainty is taking a lot of pre-season anticipation away.