IMPORTANT NOTICE

carl

From the british homing world 17,11,2006

Members should note that the t3 clock with flapper covers to the drum are not approved clocks and as such cannot be used under the rules of the royal pigeon racing association.These clocks are intended for use without thimbles.A quantity of these clocks are appearing on auction sites such as ebay.RPRA members should therefore be very cautious when thinking of purchasing a t3 clock from such a source..

Could anyone put some light into this.whats the difference in the two clocks

thanks

carl

I REMEMBER SOMEONE ON HERE POSTING THAT THE THIMBLES THEY HAD DID'NT FIT THE T3 THEY HAD SO I CONTACTED THEM AND SENT THEM DOWN HALF A DOZEN THIMBLES BUT THEY DID'NT FIT EITHER AND I CAN REMEMBER HIM POSTING SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING ON THE CLOCK NOT LETTING THE THIMBLE IN BUT DID'NT TAKE TOO MUCH NOTICE UNTIL NOW .....IT WAS PROBABLY 1 OF THESE CLOCKS HE HAD ::) ::)

DONT SEE HOW IT WILL MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE USING IT AS A MASTER TIMER THOUGH UNLESS IT HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THAT USE TOO???

i dont know dandy im on the clocks up my clubs but the T3s i dont know too much about to be honest apart from setting them and watever and i only learnt that from the book.Yea i agree alf i cant see why i couldnt use it as a master timer.Dandy as far as i know the t3 on these clocks are a sealed unit but on the front it has capsuals where it changes boxes.The rpra could just be warning as where you cannot time in with these clocks a warning to potential buyers from websites like ebay ect.

I believe this type of t3 are used in other countries where you do not have to use a thimble,i think it,s just a case of dropping the rubber into the hole so the opening is very small ,thats why you cant get a thimble in,i cant see any problem with using them as a master timer though.