Horseman Pouters from Scotland.  

Roland

Hi all,

Recently I saw a thread regards Horsemen Pouters ... some lofts were in Scotland as well as England etc.

I have a mate - funny that he is a nice fellow and we get on well... so he must be understanding lol -  Any way he wishes to ship a few back home to Canada.

What I need / he needs is a few leads, etc. in this regards. He wishes to ship then to Canada in Jauary.

Any help in this regards would be appreciated.

Post here or P.M. Or can give his Email addie

Thanks in advance

Roland

Hi Ally Mac...I enclose part of his email....

While at the Kentucky Show I saw a small display of Horseman Pouters from Scotland.  They looked exactly like the type of fancier bird I could settle on.  I could not only show them in the winter, but work them with my homers in the spring, summer and fall. Since than I have done quite a bit of research on the breed.  Apparently they are very new to North America and only 5 pair have been imported starting about five years ago.  From what I understand, the English or the best inthe world at breeding them for show.  All their youngsters that don't meet the show standard go to Scotland to be flown in the competitions. It did not take me long to realize that the only way to get involved with this breed in Canada is to find a good source in England or Scotland and get some birds shipped to North America.  As it turns out, I have a contact that is being in a shipment of homers from England early in January and he is willing to add to the shipment. My problem is that I have not had time to track down any contacts in England.  Is there a National fancy pigeon organization that I could contact to locate some Horseman breeders?  

I hope this puts things  in prospective Ally Mac.

rllly when i flew them 40 years ago god that sounds old there was a club that covered all in scotland cauled the feather club dont know if they are still going and if they have a web site

might be worth a search

Here's Pats email address: moran79@btinternet.com

Was at Pats last weekend on returning from Holland with him. Don't know if he has birds to go but I know someone who may be able to help if Pat can't.

George