SNFC /  SNRPC

Ian McKay

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Wullie Hay, always fly,s a good young bird ;)

Having now seen the official result, what a performance by the Fifers ;) well done also to Brian Chalmers, J&G Peggie,Turpie&McCord, Austin Whittaker, D Baldie & Son, and B Cochrane. All in the top11 Open possitions ;) Well Done Lads ;)

and well done to you pego. you were up against it in youre club. 5th national and only 3rd club. dont think ive seen that in fife before

Didnt think i could beat my Chenoise 02 result when we were 7th open and only 4th fifer and 2nd club but 5th open 4th fifer and 3rd club i think we've managed. (but not complaining)

Having now seen the official result, what a performance by the Fifers ;) well done also to Brian Chalmers, J&G Peggie,Turpie&McCord, Austin Whittaker, D Baldie & Son, and B Cochrane. All in the top11 Open possitions ;) Well Done Lads ;)

Cant agree more, absolutley brilliant for the fifers, just hope A. Wight is in there next year, lol. Well done to you all.

Well done to all the above mentioned fanciers on their great performances, fantastic. I would also like to congratulate Jakie Ritchie, Inverallochy on winning 1st region G, 20th open at 352 miles. Jakie almost won this race in 2005 winning 1st region G, 4th open from Cheltenham, 396 miles and not far away again this year.

Guest stevie-b

well done to all the fanciers north of the forth great positions taken i take my hat off to willie hay he has set him self up to win the youngbird national and acheived his dream well done

• 2 weeks later...
just about 2 weeks since the ybn,anyone having missing birds turn up? which organisation had better returns snfc or snrpc? do fanciers of the snfc feel the delayed liberation was correct and also fair? just a few points that hopefully will be of interest!! :);)

Sent 4 got 2 on the night and 2 next morning. My only other comment is on delayed liberation: don't believe anything could be done to avoid that as it was due to the weather conditions that day.

No worries Bart, the world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with one another.

I was speaking in terms of returns and not the result which clearly shows the SNFC birds romped it, perhaps the larger convoy attributed to this.

In this day and age, the young bird question isn't so much 'what time you are in' its 'how many have you home'

Cheers

A fellow Bluenose

No worries Bart, the world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with one another.

I was speaking in terms of returns and not the result which clearly shows the SNFC birds romped it, perhaps the larger convoy attributed to this.

In this day and age, the young bird question isn't so much 'what time you are in' its 'how many have you home'

Cheers

A fellow Bluenose

i dont think the returns with the snfc have been too good with section e in particular having a poor race returns wise, the snrpc had 52 members from 79 recorded on their result with nearly 35% of the entry timed in lowest vel at 184th on result 795 this from a total of 572birds,almost certainly a better race. :) :)food for thought ;) ;) :)

We have 9-13 and my only dissapointment was the late liberation.The decision should have been to liberate around the 10.00am mark to ensure all fanciers had a fair crack of the whip and in particular the West of Scotland.It worked fine in Alencon being liberated Mid Day which gave everbody a fair chance and the result proves same. :( :( :(                                                                                                                                                                    

We have 9-13 and my only dissapointment was the late liberation.The decision should have been to liberate around the 10.00am mark to ensure all fanciers had a fair crack of the whip and in particular the West of Scotland.It worked fine in Alencon being liberated Mid Day which gave everbody a fair chance and the result proves same. :( :( :(                                                                                                                                                                    

fair returns budgie,i think you will find yourself to have more birds home than most in section e,dont think it helped that we had so many birds crashing about in the dark.!!! ;) ;) :)