snfc top table

jock3

Loft levy over 3 years Derek? £20 a year till it balances out? just a thought. Its our mess we need to sort it out as a cleb, alex.

We need to stop losing money 1st and foremost Alex..No need to levy anyone yet but the club certainly needs to stop losing money that,s for sure!!!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think your right m8, so its down to saving the money rather than re-cooping it. I,m sure there can be ways and means to help, putting the fees up slightly for one. After all you don't get much for the fees we are paying at the moment, and nothing is getting cheaper. I think the general feeling through the membership is that we as a club want to help in any way possible, within reason in some cases. The blame wont be at the current committees feet, but i,m sure the members will be looking for the rot to stop, as soon as possible. congratulations on your position on the committee by the way, alex.

The funny thing that happened at the AGM was that although the members kicked up f... about there being a £9000 deficit on the balance sheet, nothing changed to stop the rot. Everything was S.Q ( birdage, prize money, accountant etc ). It will be a big ask for the new committee to balance the books for next years AGM. I can guarantee that everything in our power will be done to make the balance sheet more attractive for 2010.

Derek Hay

Hi Derek

You forgot Ypres is an additional cost £1500 / 1800 prize money + marking costs it's a tall order

Ian

yes it will be a big ask to slow up the deficit of the last few years,transportation will be looked at,the young bird and late bred sales also with great scope hopefully to redress the bottom line,the committee and top table all experienced fanciers will only be as good as the support they get from the members. :) :)snfc looking forward for 2009.

I think 1 thing that does need addressing is the dance as we cant afford to lose that much money again no way! If it means moving it to somewhere else where the club will get better value and the cost of the replica's needs to be looked at aswell!

The funny thing that happened at the AGM was that although the members kicked up f... about there being a £9000 deficit on the balance sheet, nothing changed to stop the rot. Everything was S.Q ( birdage, prize money, accountant etc ). It will be a big ask for the new committee to balance the books for next years AGM. I can guarantee that everything in our power will be done to make the balance sheet more attractive for 2010.

Derek Hay

as i said on a previous post i think the fees and birdage etc was rushed through too quickly without much discussion during the "comfort" break. £2 on the fees and an increase of 50p a bird would have raised around £7000 i would think  

I think the committees of both national clubs in Scotland should talk to each other about the possibility of joint convoying to Tours/Nantes or a race of that kind of Distance to cut the costs for both of the clubs and there members :-/

got to totaly disagree with you there big man lets go back to the snfc agm the members had there chance to at least move forward they chose to snub the snrpc members their choice not knocking that in any way but are you realy asking for the snrpc  members to now consider convoying them in there state of the art transport just to suit the snfc and save them money I DONT THINK SO and as for all the threatning going on before and during the meeting iam not so sure our members will want anything to do with them as we have great harmony and thats not worth wrecking for  anything birdage/money. we dont have the big money  loses as the snfc and some small tweks will sort out our shortfall

got to totaly disagree with you there big man lets go back to the snfc agm the members had there chance to at least move forward they chose to snub the snrpc members their choice not knocking that in any way but are you realy asking for the snrpc  members to now consider convoying them in there state of the art transport just to suit the snfc and save them money I DONT THINK SO and as for all the threatning going on before and during the meeting iam not so sure our members will want anything to do with them as we have great harmony and thats not worth wrecking for  anything birdage/money. we dont have the big money  loses as the snfc and some small tweks will sort out our shortfall

Frank i just think it would suit everyone concerned in distance racing racing Scotland but i can see where you are coming from when only 30 odd of us voted to hold out the olive branch at the meeting and it was knocked back mate.Good luck to the SNRPC this year as they seem to be going well ;)

Frank i just think it would suit everyone concerned in distance racing racing Scotland but i can see where you are coming from when only 30 odd of us voted to hold out the olive branch at the meeting and it was knocked back mate.Good luck to the SNRPC this year as they seem to be going well ;)

Well the seed was sown earlier when J Hood? asked if joint convoying would also include going with another Scottish organisation. Top table agreed that was an option, but then the meeting slammed the door very firmly shut on that option with the RPRA / SHU vote later in the meeting: No we don't want your members to fly with us, Yes we'd like the use of your transporters to go to the same race points? Er, don't think so.