Promoting Pigeon Racing

Ian McKay

2010 Charity syndicate for schools

I am about to arrange a 40 bird syndicate for 40 schools to have a fully paid up pigeon in the Kingslea 1 Loft Race.

http://www.kingslea1loftrace.co.uk/

This race will have been run for two years and all problems have been ironed out with rules in place to secure the payout.

The object of this is to have the race in front of 40 schools so they can watch their bird’s progress through the 8 races and have the chance to win a total of £2,400.The schools will be through out the UK.

I feel this is a new approach to promote pigeon racing to the children through computers which they all have access to in schools and homes.

This project means I have to raise £2,400 from pigeons donated and sold.

I and my other helpers are confident this target can be achieved.

Should you be in a position to help please contact me?

I am looking for top class pigeons to sell by auction if you have a friend in this category why not explain what I am doing and ask for a bird or ask them to contact me.

Ian McKay

“Kingsleaâ€

Kingswells

Aberdeen

AB15 8SL

Ph 01224 741028

ian.mckay@btinternet.com

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ian can you reserve a place for westfeild school fraserburgh and i will pay the £60 for them next year as well.i would also like to donate 2 youngsters to you .also if you want ill speak to some of the the north of scotland feds top flyers for you about donating a youngster for you to auction .  wish you the best of luck robbie. 8)

Hi Ian I have got four pairs of young birds to be sold for the charity first pair from Derek parr of Northern Ireland, second pair from Jeffrey Douglas they will be Wal zoonjens, he is a top flyer mid Ulster Fed, third pair from John and Alex Mellor these will be from their Rolland Janssens, and last but not least one pair from Alwin Paddy, this should make a great start towards the charity, cheers Kevin Elliott.

Hi Ian I have got four pairs of young birds to be sold for the charity first pair from Derek parr of Northern Ireland, second pair from Jeffrey Douglas they will be Wal zoonjens, he is a top flyer mid Ulster Fed, third pair from John and Alex Mellor these will be from their Rolland Janssens, and last but not least one pair from Alwin Paddy, this should make a great start towards the charity, cheers Kevin Elliott.

Thanks Elsie

You are doing a sterling job

Ian

ian have a full brother to de 92 winner of 13 x1st club  7x1st federation for les papp  a young bird of him  for your charity syndicate or a latebred b bar hen 2007 bred which you can have any time

Hi Andy

This is a very nice gesture which I will accept PM me your details please

Thanks very much

Ian

My thanks go to Derek Parr from Northern Ireland for donating two Lois Coormans, Jos Soonjens or Karl Bocky (Originals) the buyer can have his choice from his best available (This has got to be something very special)

Derek is a well respected stock man

My thanks also to Jeffrey Douglas who kindly donated 2 young Wal Zoonjens from his Peter Fox stock birds

Jeffrey is one of Mid Ulsters Feds top fliers.

Gentlemen I have never met you but applaud your genorosity

Thanks

Ian

This has been recieved from Woodside Primary school and explains the interest shown by the children

Ian

Dear Mr McKay,

We were very excited when we received your email about the kingslea 1 loft race. Due to the weather conditions unfortunately we were unable to attend the Aberdeen University event.

We were very disappointed that we missed the event. We were excited to hear that we were gifted a pigeon.  We would like to name him/her Woody, which fits in well with our school name.

Having missed the event at the University we have a few questions we hope you can answer.

Is our pigeon a boy or girl?

When is our pigeon racing?

Can you tell us more about our pigeon?

Where is the race with our pigeon?

We look forward to seeing a photograph of Woody on the website you referred us to.

Many thanks

Pupils of Room 15, Primary 7.