Mickie B Trophy 2008 Entries

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enter yourself Paulo , and i hope many more put themselves forward  :) :)

Nah mate really they should restrict to to junior fanciers. Besides my wins have been a joint effort without the advice I got off people like davey barkel and jim bambling etc I wouldn't have won nowt lol

have to agree with Maverick many young and older fanciers and fanciers coming back in to the sport , they all have this site and advice from members so you are no different to anyone else put your name forward  :)

I started to fly again last young bird season since my husband passed away in 2006. Officially my name goes on membership next Feb  but I 've been doing my part cleaning out feeding and helping train and race them,  with a friend of my late husband who hasnt raced for around 27yrs. He was at school when my husband and I moved to Doncaster from Barry S Wales. We did quite well in club racing getting 1x1st, 1x 2nd, 2x3rd, 4x4th and 7 noms. We also got 2nd Fed in the Derbyshire Fed. We came 34th in the Grand National withDerby, Burton South Rd Fed from St MALO and with MNFC from  Lessay we were 26th NE section and 19th East section Treble Chance Race from France. We did better then we expected but my partner has worked so hard training before he went to work. I was up at 415am ready to basket as he 'd collect them around 5 so it was a long day for both of us. My late husband and I won Bergerac MNFC in 2006 602 mls on the day so maybe we 'll get better next season it won't be for not trying

I started to fly again last young bird season since my husband passed away in 2006. Officially my name goes on membership next Feb  but I 've been doing my part cleaning out feeding and helping train and race them,  with a friend of my late husband who hasnt raced for around 27yrs. He was at school when my husband and I moved to Doncaster from Barry S Wales. We did quite well in club racing getting 1x1st, 1x 2nd, 2x3rd, 4x4th and 7 noms. We also got 2nd Fed in the Derbyshire Fed. We came 34th in the Grand National withDerby, Burton South Rd Fed from St MALO and with MNFC from  Lessay we were 26th NE section and 19th East section Treble Chance Race from France. We did better then we expected but my partner has worked so hard training before he went to work. I was up at 415am ready to basket as he 'd collect them around 5 so it was a long day for both of us. My late husband and I won Bergerac MNFC in 2006 602 mls on the day so maybe we 'll get better next season it won't be for not trying

great results

can i just say no disrepect here but i see results and this only being a point , dont take offence but i see results but no birdage .... ive had a 9 th , 7 th , 5 th and 3rd ... these have been against 600 plus birds each time ... then i was 3 rd i was 5th federation with 6145 birds .... now im telling you this my 3 rd out of 600 plus birds , my 5 th out of 600 plus , my 7 th out of 600 plus birds and 9 th out of high 600 birds is very good going ... and then 5 th fed out of 6145 aint bad for first year now is it ?????????????? just putting this forward as im sure my 3 rd will beat an awful lot of 1 sts , 2 nds , 3rds when they only racing against 100 odd birds ??????? what you think come on dont be shy ...just for thought maybe im wrong who knows ??????? good luck all who has entered .... gladdo - mikey .......

Candidate for the trophy i would say fantastic performances.      well done heather

can i just say no disrepect here but i see results and this only being a point , dont take offence but i see results but no birdage .... ive had a 9 th , 7 th , 5 th and 3rd ... these have been against 600 plus birds each time ... then i was 3 rd i was 5th federation with 6145 birds .... now im telling you this my 3 rd out of 600 plus birds , my 5 th out of 600 plus , my 7 th out of 600 plus birds and 9 th out of high 600 birds is very good going ... and then 5 th fed out of 6145 aint bad for first year now is it ?????????????? just putting this forward as im sure my 3 rd will beat an awful lot of 1 sts , 2 nds , 3rds when they only racing against 100 odd birds ??????? what you think come on dont be shy ...just for thought maybe im wrong who knows ??????? good luck all who has entered .... gladdo - mikey .......

mikey take heart dear boy the lady in question has been flying some good pigeons doesn,t matter how many you fly or she flys there will be a panel to judge the winners

your performances are good for just starting up granted carry on as you have last year ,and no doubt success will come to you again and better also , will look forward to meeting you once again at blackpool              harry

I must agree that the member has flown against more birds but I do know Derbyshire Fed is a large fed I'm not sure how many birds we flew against., also the MNFC . Anyway I'm not wanting a trophy I'm just proud to have achieved what we did without the knowledge that my late husband had ,to help us. I should have taken more notice of what he said and did.

I must agree that the member has flown against more birds but I do know Derbyshire Fed is a large fed I'm not sure how many birds we flew against., also the MNFC . Anyway I'm not wanting a trophy I'm just proud to have achieved what we did without the knowledge that my late husband had ,to help us. I should have taken more notice of what he said and did.

send your entry in does'nt matter about the number of birds,

.... thanks very much ... i think heather should defo be up there ... im your number 1 fan  heather ...very well done indeed ... i was just explaining to everyone and hopefully we both improve next year .... good look heather ...just want people to know the birdage we fly against in ireland///as i said no disrespect to anyone on here ... just its so hard in ireland flying against so many birds ,,,, just so all know the numbers ...ive no room for anymore trophies ha ha as ive to collect my novice of the year !!!!! ha ha happy flying and dont get too hooked on some postings they sound worst than your meaning ...cheers gladdo - mikey

Calling all novice fanciers.

The Mickie B Shield is presented to a novice fancier who has attained outstanding achievement in the sport in 2008, it is presented in memory of the late forum member MickieB.

The award isn't about winning races or person with the most prize cards. We want to hear your stories, what you've had to overcome to race your pigeons, interesting and quirky tales. Some things to include in your entry would be: How long you have raced pigeons/kept pigeons, How many do you keep, Do you race on your own, or is someone in the family race too, Are you part of a partnership, What positions have you won this year, and what birdage was there in these races (as much detail about setting your birds up and getting them to perform in that race please - remember it doesn't have to be a 1st place, it doesn't have to be 10th, if you sent 10 and got them all home within 5 mins but were just off the result sheet; that's a pretty remarkable performance; let us know!), What size is your loft, Do you drive (how do you go about training your pigeons if not)... I'm sure your getting the idea now!

To enter, please write your piece (above), don't worry about the style of writing or spelling, its not a spelling competition! Please include your full name, and also the name of your club and federation.

Winners will receive; the trophy (for one year) and replica. We may even sort out some goodies for you too.

Dont forget, include the small quirky little stories of whats happened over the season, things maybe you wouldnt normally say.

Entries to [mail]forum@pigeonbasics.com[/mail] - marked 'Mickie B Trophy'.

Good luck!

Richard

P.S. For novice fanciers we mean anyone who has raced pigeons for less than 4 years or thereabouts :)

please send in your entries , and all the very best  to the winner , please read the above , so really there can be a good few entries , lets hope so anyway :)

Guest 67ghirl

LOL

Yes both the Human and Feathered Variety - but I may be biased.

These are just some of his young Birds when he started this year - they can't be that bad as he won The SHU Duke of Edinburgh Award for best loft performance under 25 yrs of age!

LOL

Yes both the Human and Feathered Variety - but I may be biased.

These are just some of his young Birds when he started this year - they can't be that bad as he won The SHU Duke of Edinburgh Award for best loft performance under 25 yrs of age!

get your enry in ,,,or rather keirnan :) im sure he would be in the running  :)    its just putting together a good write up for him , how he started , how he works withe the birds , anything at all thats in his favour , remember its just not results but overall effort etc , with keirnan being so young , has to be in the running,,, good luck keirnan  :) [and proud mum :)]