• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mickie B Trophy 2008 Entries Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   heather down 

• Hatchling
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2008 - 16:44 PM

I must agree that the member has flown against more birds but I do know Derbyshire Fed is a large fed I'm not sure how many birds we flew against., also the MNFC . Anyway I'm not wanting a trophy I'm just proud to have achieved what we did without the knowledge that my late husband had ,to help us. I should have taken more notice of what he said and did.

#42 Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 November 2008 - 16:48 PM

heather down said:

I must agree that the member has flown against more birds but I do know Derbyshire Fed is a large fed I'm not sure how many birds we flew against., also the MNFC . Anyway I'm not wanting a trophy I'm just proud to have achieved what we did without the knowledge that my late husband had ,to help us. I should have taken more notice of what he said and did.

send your entry in does'nt matter about the number of birds,

#43 Guestgladdo_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 21:48 PM

.... thanks very much ... i think heather should defo be up there ... im your number 1 fan  heather ...very well done indeed ... i was just explaining to everyone and hopefully we both improve next year .... good look heather ...just want people to know the birdage we fly against in ireland///as i said no disrespect to anyone on here ... just its so hard in ireland flying against so many birds ,,,, just so all know the numbers ...ive no room for anymore trophies ha ha as ive to collect my novice of the year !!!!! ha ha happy flying and dont get too hooked on some postings they sound worst than your meaning ...cheers gladdo - mikey

#44 User is offline   jimmy white 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2008 - 22:32 PM

Webmaster said:

Calling all novice fanciers.

The Mickie B Shield is presented to a novice fancier who has attained outstanding achievement in the sport in 2008, it is presented in memory of the late forum member MickieB.

The award isn't about winning races or person with the most prize cards. We want to hear your stories, what you've had to overcome to race your pigeons, interesting and quirky tales. Some things to include in your entry would be: How long you have raced pigeons/kept pigeons, How many do you keep, Do you race on your own, or is someone in the family race too, Are you part of a partnership, What positions have you won this year, and what birdage was there in these races (as much detail about setting your birds up and getting them to perform in that race please - remember it doesn't have to be a 1st place, it doesn't have to be 10th, if you sent 10 and got them all home within 5 mins but were just off the result sheet; that's a pretty remarkable performance; let us know!), What size is your loft, Do you drive (how do you go about training your pigeons if not)... I'm sure your getting the idea now!

To enter, please write your piece (above), don't worry about the style of writing or spelling, its not a spelling competition! Please include your full name, and also the name of your club and federation.

Winners will receive; the trophy (for one year) and replica. We may even sort out some goodies for you too.

Dont forget, include the small quirky little stories of whats happened over the season, things maybe you wouldnt normally say.

Entries to [mail]forum@pigeonbasics.com[/mail] - marked 'Mickie B Trophy'.

Good luck!
Richard

P.S. For novice fanciers we mean anyone who has raced pigeons for less than 4 years or thereabouts :)

please send in your entries , and all the very best  to the winner , please read the above , so really there can be a good few entries , lets hope so anyway :)

#45 Guest67ghirl_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 22:34 PM

Is there a cut off date for entries?

#46 Guestgladdo_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 22:43 PM

lovely youngsters may i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 Guest67ghirl_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 22:48 PM

LOL
Yes both the Human and Feathered Variety - but I may be biased.
These are just some of his young Birds when he started this year - they can't be that bad as he won The SHU Duke of Edinburgh Award for best loft performance under 25 yrs of age!

#48 User is offline   jimmy white 

• High Ranking

Posted 19 November 2008 - 23:10 PM

67ghirl said:

LOL
These are just some of his young Birds when he started this year - they can't be that bad as he won The SHU Duke of Edinburgh Award for best loft performance under 25 yrs of age!

get your enry in ,,,or rather keirnan :) im sure he would be in the running  :)    its just putting together a good write up for him , how he started , how he works withe the birds , anything at all thats in his favour , remember its just not results but overall effort etc , with keirnan being so young , has to be in the running,,, good luck keirnan  :) [and proud mum :)]

#49 Guestgladdo_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 23:18 PM

when the decision been made who has won mate ???????

#50 User is offline   jimmy white 

• High Ranking

Posted 19 November 2008 - 23:29 PM

still time yet gladdo,, send your entry in  :)

#51 Guestgladdo_*

Posted 19 November 2008 - 23:38 PM

jimmy i sent mine to webmaster any way he could put it on here for people to see mate ...cheers jimmy ...

#52 User is offline   Webmaster 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

I'll take entries up until 23rd December.

We'll present the trophy at Blackpool (24th & 25th January) at the Pigeonbasics stand.

Can you tell I can't get to sleep tonight :)

#53 User is offline   rembrant2coo 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:02 AM

Webmaster said:

I'll take entries up until 23rd December.

We'll present the trophy at Blackpool (24th & 25th January) at the Pigeonbasics stand.

Can you tell I can't get to sleep tonight :)

Horlicks and kick gemma oot the bed
Chloe's Angel
Posted Image
28th east sect 47th open Chenoise SNFC 2003 587mls,   2nd East sect & 2nd Open
St Nazaire 2006 SNRPC 623mls

#54 User is offline   Webmaster 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:16 AM

rembrant2coo said:

Horlicks and kick gemma oot the bed

Steady on there, I want to get some kip not start a riot ;D :P

#55 User is offline   rembrant2coo 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

Webmaster said:

Steady on there, I want to get some kip not start a riot ;D :P

I  thought i would help but obviously i see you can handle the situation , Just drink your horlicks like a good boy
Chloe's Angel
Posted Image
28th east sect 47th open Chenoise SNFC 2003 587mls,   2nd East sect & 2nd Open
St Nazaire 2006 SNRPC 623mls

#56 User is offline   heather down 

• Hatchling
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2008 - 19:48 PM

i made a mistake of when my late husband and I won Bergerac MNFC it was 2003 not 2006 as I've stated, sorry.

#57 User is offline   Paulo 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationDurham

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

67ghirl said:

LOL

Good to see young lads in the sport

#58 Guest_*

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

grizzle_hen said:

Richard had spoken to westy and gave him our address, but no trophy yet and this was a couple of weeks ago, so we'll get in touch with him again and see whats going on.

But members can still enter  :)

its been six weeks now has it been sent back?

#59 User is offline   grizzle_hen 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

We still haven't received anything yet but we have got an offer of it being picked up which is going to be the next step now

#60 User is offline   bewted 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

was rose suppose to be phoning again before the weekend to see whats happening or did i read it wrong,,,,,maybe me as usual getting it wrong <

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders