Pigeonbasics Announcement

Webmaster

I am happy to announce that as of December 1st Pigeonbasics is in new hands. Long-time moderators, Archie (the_fifer) and Chris (vallance lofts) will be jointly taking the reins, in both ownership and control of the website and forum.

The site has come a long way in the last 8 years, and I am confident that it will continue and go from strength to strength under the watchful eye of Archie and Chris.

Much has changed since I originally setup the site, never more so than in the last couple of years. Entering the real world of work and husbandry it is a far cry from my student days, which has pegged back the amount of time and effort I am now able to put into Pigeonbasics.

Despite this, through the fantastic work that Archie, Chris and the rest of the moderating team have done the site has continued to grow and grow. I am more than happy to pass on control to two people that I know will take Pigeonbasics to the next level.

I'm not going to be running off into the sunset (I wish :)), I will be sticking around to offer my two-penneth, and lend a hand with some technical aspects, but the "Webmaster" account will be closed down, and I shall be visiting under my (personal) "mealybar" alter ego.

Of course there will be some changes, but we have worked tirelessly to ensure that there's no big upheval - the web address is staying the same, and your member account and login will stay exactly the same. We will post up details of the changes that are happening in due course.

This is by no means a farewell, but I would like to thank everyone - litterally every member - that has joined, posted, or just visitied Pigeonbasics in the last 8 years. It has been an incredible experience, connecting, chatting, meeting and (sometimes ;)) arguing with so many amazing people, and enabling so many to do the same.

Now I know there will be many questions and comments, which I will endeavour to answer in the replies.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic