can you race widowhood & natural from same loft

speedbird

interested in memmbers views on racing widowhood & natural from same loft!!!

a few years ago i paired my widowhood cocks up to go on roundabout there were several pairs late laying hence i had widowhood cocks & naturals in the same loft i was 1st club with a cock & 2nd club with a hen which was still sitting!! they were 1st & 2nd fed too

can this be done??? as im thinking to pair my team of widowhood cocks in 2 stages can this work so they all dont come into form together!!

what do people think of this idea & has anyone had any success using this method??

I personally would not try it, having hens in the widohood section would up set the widow hood cocks and cause fighting the widohood cocks should be resting inbetween exercise :)

fly hard fly fair ;)

i can only reiterate what shadow said,,, its not that cocks are better than hens or visa versa      its just that the cocks , when racing w.hood need as much rest and quiet, during the day,,,, i used to have a camera in the loft and a small tv in the kitchen, and could see these cocks anytime, most of the time they lay down in perfect peace,, when i got the odd cock giving bother, out he came .but he was used at a later stage as well,,,,, problem i found with roundabout was hens laying. you never new when

Jimmy I have the same problem with a couple of hens if they persist on pairing to gether I usually send them on, but last year I left the two aloan sitting four eggs and got two good races out of them then they deserted the eggs then never repaired. Pigeons they always seem to do the unexspected. they obviously don't read the same books as me, but as they say you learn something new every day :)

fly hard fly fair ;)