s.n.f.c. race 2006

stucky 1

Just read the managment recomadations for races 2006, only 1 i have problem with is maidstone, think it could just be to early for 370 mile in to our area, as we prob only had race of 170 mile by then and if you look at the results you will see very few yearlings on the west sec results most years, i think it risks the birdage not only for that race but also for rest of the races, others well may have had good races from maidstone, but i cant remember any, they use big losses from that race. Keep it at the distance we have just now,  my main guess is some are thinking it gives others advantage the way it is just now and that advantage is not them, please think before you vote on this one. And no this should not be in the politics page this is a racing matter nothing else

As you say this is only a recomendation and will be voted on by the members at the race programme meeting at the end of October. Remember if you are not there you cant vote and its no use moaning after the event if you didnt go and use your vote.

Acknowledge what you say about the difficult West Section, Stucky.  :)

Suspect the move may be to get away from the west coast route, the current inland race Newbury being the only OB SNFC race on it.

Only 'evener' that I can see is North. Turns the Club's sections upside down, and gives everyone a crack at everyone else's 'advantages' at least once a year. Thurso might be a bit short for the North section - Lerwick instead?  Then of course, there'd be no inland National.   ;D

WE HAVE HAD SOME GOOD RACING FROM MAIDSTONE WITH THE COMBINE,ON THE SAME DAY AS THE INLAND NATIONAL THIS YEAR WE WERE AT HUNTINGDON 3OO MILES, AND WITH A WEEK LATER NEXT YEAR EVEN BETTER TWO RACES ON THE SAME DAY 300 MILES WITH THE COMBINE AND 387 MILES WITH SNFC GREAT. ;D

• 5 weeks later...