can anyone help

speedbird

hi members im interested what you have to say & do !!!

i have a decent set of ybs & won 3out of 5races with other scores too but this week race 5 i was 10mins behind they ahve had plenty of work 2realty bad tosses which i think has made what they are!! however last week i noticed some watery dropings which think was past on to my team from a couple i got back from being away several weeks so last sunday i treated em with coxi/cancer  5day treatment open to suggestions why thet didnt come up trumps & what to do now.

ive used this treatment before with oldbirds & it realy improves there performance however i usually give to to my race team when there is a channel race therefor doesnt effect there performance,is this the reason my ybs didnt come as good what should i do?????? realy scratching my head!!!!!!

Guest shadow

Have the droppings testd It's not easy to diagnose a problem without seeing the birds but it   MAY be the start of young bird sickness and if that is the case you must stop racing and training to reduce the stress levels and not infect your club members in the racing panniers. Failing that get  some one from  your club to look at them, good luck ;)

cheers jimmy i only noticed after a got a couple back which id lost so put it down to them but what ever they had they passed it on thats what i put it down to droppings are grand 3days after treatment however not a good result at the weekend as ive been flying so well with ybs other members couldnt believe how late i was!!! think im gonna train em steady maybe just 3times this week. & give them vitamins to put back into them.

thanx rose i may well do that they are ok now the treatment i gave em i give to my old birds before racing also halfway through racing season it tends to give em a real boost the week after but i usually give em it on a channel race to birds that are left at home so maybe the reason they didnt come up trumps is the stuff must take it out of em & lets see what they are like at the weekend

hi speedbird you were asking about electrlytes also known as re hydration salts , realy its like you taking diarolyte after having the runs, in fact diarolyte you could give to pigeons, it replaces the body salts etc  that are lost after taking the runs and aids to a faster recovry  hope thats of some help   jimmy

Guest Doostalker

Speedbird if any show any signs again next week, it would be worth your while, like Jimmy W said earlier, to get their droppings tested. It could be that the stress of a hard race is allowing some underlying illness to manifest itself. You could go round in circles, and costly circles at that, treating the symptoms but not effecting a real cure. Always remember though that immediately after a race the droppings are watery, but clear up in a day. If it lasts longer than that, you may have a problem. Terry

lol would of had been a big bottle to put em in!! still waiting for the result hope its nothing too bad birds came alot better this week all home in no time but have see what the results say hoping its just the feeeding & exercise i need to change dont realy want to have treat em got fed race next week!