recording which bred what

write all your pairs ring numbers into a note book each year and then the ring numbers of there offspring.

If you want to you can then transfer the information to one of the computer loft management systems or just keep your note books to refer back to.

Guest TAMMY_1
write all your pairs ring numbers into a note book each year and then the ring numbers of there offspring.

If you want to you can then transfer the information to one of the computer loft management systems or just keep your note books to refer back to.

always best to have a backup in a book as well as storing them on your computer

Thanks for all the replys.

I've been keeping the info on bits of paper, which I loose and books.

I like the pc software as you can see the family tree, but it's not quite right for show pigeons.

I might have a try to make my own using microsoft access.

why is it not suitable for show pigeons?

i do what PJC said .Use a loft book to record who went with who and any other notes of interest through the year then afterthe season is over i transfer it all to computer.

but last year i lost my book and the pc harddrive was wiped so i had to revert to scraps of paper that i had written things on or memory luckily my team only go back 2 generations before that its either paperwork that come with bird or left blank .I might try one of the new loft manager software app's this year i have an old one but didnt really like it much

"why is it not suitable for show pigeons?", just the small things, like colours of parents. The colours that are avilable from the drop down list are "racing pigeons"

I saw tried a few dummy birds to see if it will show brothers or sisters etc which i could not work out or it does not do that.

I'm trying a free product : Hawkeye Loft Management System Lite, can be found here http://www.comproware.com/

PJC i'm thanking of taking your original advice and getting myself a book. I tried creating a simple access database and its not as easy as i thought.