STRIKE by Gem Supplements..what does this cure?

bluebar99

YOU ONLY HAVE TO USE STRIKE ONCE TO SEE ITS EFFECT.     The introduction of Strike marks a major advance in maintaining pigeon health and condition.  It is not an antibiotic but a unique combination of natural plant derived sulphur containing compounds and avian specific lactic acid bacteria.

The plant extract helps prevent the spread in the intestine of pathogenic micro organisms, however, the truly remarkable thing about this plant extract - which is called allicin, - is that it is completely harmless to the friendly bacteria of the gut.  The other ingredient is a live population of beneficial lactic acid bacteria able to colonise the intestine of the bird, the division of this activity makes Strike unique.  In effect, Strike replaces the harmful bacteria in the gut and replaces them with beneficial types.

When would you as a pigeon fancier use STRIKE ?.   The times of use are when its needed of course, say in the case of loose droppings which all lofts suffer from at various times of the year, usually when the birds are under some kind of stress from breeding, ill health or racing.  We certainly recommend its use for 5 days before pairing birds up, and the same a couple of weeks before racing begins.  It is the first thing any fancier should reach for when the birds are experiencing loose droppings or just generally looking 'sorry for themselves'.

If the loft has problems and antibiotics are being used (always use GEMTHEPAX at the same time), give the birds 2/3 days of STRIKE to help reseed the gut.  This ensures that the bad bugs don't get a chance to re-establish themselves.  STRIKE should be given at least once a week to your birds and we recommend every Sunday, this is important during racing as birds can often bring problems back from a stressful race or from other birds they have had contact with in the race basket.  Remember the old saying "You are only as clean as your dirtiest club member".  How very true that saying is, fanciers should be on their guard in this day and age as there is so much disease around, especially for young birds.

If you are experiencing trouble, our advice is to immediately put the birds onto GEMTHEPAX mixed onto the corn and STRIKE into the drinkering water.  More often than not this will resolve the problem, but if it persists, have them looked at by a qualified avian veterinary surgeon.  Never resort to indiscriminate use of antibiotics, it never pays in the long run.

Bottle sizes:- 500g - 200g - 100g

http://www.gemsupplements.co.uk/

Thanks for posting Craig, picking up on what's in the stuff:-

Active ingredient (1) Alicin - active ingredient from fresh crushed garlic.  :)

Active ingredient (2) Lactobacteria - active ingredient from 'milk' products ie natural live yoghurt.  :)

Garlic is an all-round antimicrobial. Works with the immune system to kill bacteria, virus, fungus, mould, yeast. Will shift canker, cocci and worms (ascarids) too;

Live yoghurt contains millions of 'friendly' bacteria which bolster the others in the gut, part of the immune system. These friendlies line the gut wall and get rid of the nasties (like salmonella, ecoli) by crowding them out, altering the Ph ( gut acidity) making it a hostile environment for them, and secreting substances which are toxic to these nasties.

bruno, I really enjoy your postings are you a vet by chance or just very well read.

Just a life-long interest in these sorta things, Darren.  Funny story about the vet bit - was setting out on that many moons ago and all came to a sudden halt when I discovered I passed out at the sight of blood. s:)

Don't know if I'm picking up wrong vibes but kinda get the feeling the posts following my original may have thought that I was knocking this product. Far from it. Tell me what's in it and I'll (try) to tell you what it does. That was what the original post was asking after all.  :)

I never took it like that Bruno, just thought you were emphasising what the active ingredients did.

I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid, then I realised I cried every time one of my pets died. lol Couldn't put other peoples animals down.

I never took it like that Bruno, just thought you were emphasising what the active ingredients did.

I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid, then I realised I cried every time one of my pets died. lol Couldn't put other peoples animals down.

Thanks Darren, 1st point quite correct.

2nd point totally agree - other side of the coin, you even see it on this forum, how attached some folks can become to their very ill birds.

Used to watch Animal Hospital on TV, and even old Rolf and the 'hardened' vets were moved to tears when an elderly man and his very elderly dog (arthritic & suffering badly) were about to part company for life ...  

Now blood was bad enough ... kinda gotten over that -  but could never cope with the emotional final parting....

prefer the cheap way ,,,,garlic    you could go on spending continually and still get no where , i beleive that birds[ especialy distance birds]  should have a strong constitution, which is bred in to them in years with eliminating the rubbish , the weaklings etc where really nature would sort them out