Using Cider Vinegar

piggy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use cyder vinegar 30 ml to a 3 pint drinker and I normally use on a sunday after racing.

But there is nothing stopping you using it more often if you think your birds have any respiritory problem. The  original tip was printed in the BHW some time ago when the dose was printed as above but for two weeks in the winter and two weeks in june to keep their systems right.

Hope this answers your question, Piggy: Really and article aimed at human health, but you'll catch the drift OK for uses in animals and birds.

Apple cider vinegar has been known to have numerous benefits to human (and animals) health. The presence of a natural array of acids and minerals helps to maintain the body's own acid balance and mineral metabolism. In fact, it contains a balance of 19 minerals, including potassium, chlorine, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, sulphur, iron, fluorine and silicon, and 93 components that can help the body. Moreover, it contains cholesterol-reducing pectin. Often, it has been used in colon and intestinal cleansing. Historically, it has been used by Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, from 400 BC to treat his patients due to its powerful cleansing, healing and germ fighting qualities.

Today, apple cider vinegar is used to to relieve or treat the following ailments (In humans):

Regulate blood pressure

Fight infection

Relieve arthritis pain

Promote Digestion

Improve Metabolism

Maintain healthy skin

Relieves sore throats, laryngitis

Moreover, it is also known that apple cider vinegar helps in some of the diseases like Nausea/Queasiness, Headaches, Muscular Aches & Pains, Sore Throats, Digestive Cleansing, Cholesterol control, Ageing, Arthritis.

All these benefits of apple cider vinegar are due to the presence of the essential substances listed below.

POTASSIUM

Potassium is essential for life and apple cider vinegar is rich in this. It is needed for the transfer of nutrients to the cells and for the removal of waster and toxic substances. It regulates the fluid in the cells and helps remove excess sodium from the cell, thereby helping to regulate blood pressure.

A diet deficient in potassium results in weak and wrinkled skin, flabby muscles, exhaustion, poor memory & heart problems.

CALCIUM

Calcium is essential for the building of strong bones and teeth. Hence it helps to prevent osteoporosis. Apple cider vinegar is not only a source of calcium, it also helps the in the uptake of other essential nutrients into the body.

A diet deficient in calcium results in weak bones which are easily fractured. However, osteoporosis is not a disease of calcium deficiency but calcium depletion.

PECTIN

Pectin is a group of water-soluble colloidal carbohydrates of high molecular weight found in ripe fruits, such as apples, plums, and grapefruit. It is a natural 'gum' so it can be used to jell various foods like jelly, drugs, and cosmetics. Now it is believed to be effective in removing cholesterol from the blood vessel walls, hence helps to reduce cholesterol level in the body.

BETA CAROTENE

Beta carotene is an isomeric form of carotene that is commonly found in nature such as plants. The body then converts it to Vitamin A. It also acts as an antioxidant and an immune booster. It is believed to fight the damaging effects of free radicals (produced during metabolic functions or introduced from the environment), prevent cancer and slow down the ageing process.

ACIDS

Apple cider vinegar contains rich sources of malic acid and citric acid. These are believed to be important in the metabolic cycle and helps to remove toxic substances that may cause painful joints and muscular pain. Hence, it is believed to relieve symptoms of arthritis and muscular pains. In fact, malic acid has been used therapeutically in combination treatment for fibromyalgia.

I USE CIDER VINEGAR TWICE WEEKLY IN THE WATER, I ALSO NOW AND THEN PUT ORDINARY HOUSEHOLD VINEGAR IN THE BATH WATER, IT KEEPS THE BIRDS KLEAN, ALSO GOOD FOR ANY INJURIES AND KEEPS THEIR NOSTRILS KLEAR, ANOTHER GOOD ONE FOR THE BATH IS GARLIC, I HAVE A LARGE BOTTLE WHICH I PUT CUT GARLIC IN FOR A FEW DAYS AND PUT IT IN THE BATH ALSO GOOD FOR THE BIRDS BUT ALSO KEEPS THEM KLEAN, SOME OF THIS GARLIC WATER IN A SPRAY BOTTLE IS GOOD FOR SPRAYING UR GARDEN KILLS GREEN FLY ETC,

Now would that be with or without Milton, Jimmy?  ;D

I did think about you when I saw the arthritis bit.

Mind if I use you as a guinea pig before I let the wife know?  ;D

I'm all for natural 'remedies'...humans and pigeons.

BEST REGARDS

heres one for bruno , as he knows i like my wee experiments , ha ha ill blow the place up one day .  its like that programme on t.v HOW [ now dont start calling me geronimo]   if you put a small amount of aquas iodine in a drinker, just enough to make the water slightly discoloured, then put a half dozen baby vitamin drops in it, the water will go back to its normal colour  HOW??? ;D ;D ;D

TRY IT  :) :) :)

Well Carl, I usually give myself a splitting headache :)

And If I don't do it, the wife does.  :)

And if she doesn't do it, Jimmy White certainly will.  ;D

Mind if I pass on the last question AND the experiment Jimmy?  :'(

Truth is I don't give the birds any supplements like vitamins or cider vinegar.  :B

I do use fresh garlic, but just as a policeman, 'keeping order', maybe once a week.   ;)

Along with tap water changed at least twice per day; a grain mixture;

And black minerals, 'soft' and 'hard' grit, and crushed pickstone available 24/7.

Everything else was consigned to the bin Mid-May (Tea and Aviform Ultimate).

just to explain to any beginner, all this great expensive stuff they sell, and make a fortune from , is utterly useless for the price, i worked for one of the bigest , no sorry the dearest firms,,great labels , great made up names and great business strategy. at blackpool we were drawing 20.000  pounds in 3 days one thing i did notice, we never sold much to the   ,,greats,, only the gullable ,much of the usefull stuff can be purchased very cheaply from chemist or supermarket, and thats if you want to use it???      and bruno i would give you something for your sore head, but my parrotsetamol ;D ;D ;D   his name is max :) :) :)  cheers matey

HAVING BEEN AROUND PIGEONS ALL MY LIFE (MY GRANDFATHER HAD THEM THATS HOW I CAUGHT THE BUG) AND RACED THEM FOR OVER 35 YEARS THIS IS PROBABLE THE BEST SEASON I HAVE EVER HAD,THE THING IS I STARTED USING ALL THE SO CALLED EXPENSIVE STUFF A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO,SO IS IT A WASTE OF MONEY OR NOT.I CERTAINLY WOULD RATHER NOT PAY THE PRICES FOR SOME OF THE STUFF BUT THE QUESTION IS WOULD I STILL HAVE HAD A YEAR LIKE THIS ONE IF I HADN,T USED IT.PEOPLE SAY NEVER CHANGE A WINNING SYSTEM SO WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

your right , never change a winning system  it seems youve had a good season and all the very best to you for that  BUTi would look in to it very carefully, and after that   would ask you , do you really think it was this expensive stuff youve gave them that made such a good season, or put it this way if we all used all this expensive stuff would we all have had a good season, i would kinda think again, but congrats on a good season anyway  jimmy

Guest slugmonkey

I use cider vinegar it should be noted though that the kind from the health food store is a lot better as it contains live cultures and more useful nutrients although I do use MANY other vitamin and mineral supplements I think every vitamin tonic contains too much of some nutrients and not enough of others thats why I change them around so that they are recieving varying quantities of diffrent nutrients and not overloading on any one thing some nutrients are toxic if consumed in too high a dosage and are much more harmful if overconsumed than being deficent in them

::) HI, I'M NEW TO THE FORUM. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF CIDER VINEGAR (OR ORDINARY MALT VINEGAR FOR THAT MATTER) IS EFFECTIVE IN TREATING CROP YEAST INFECTIONS? I ONCE BOUGHT SOMETHING FOR ABOVE CONDITION, IT LOOKED AND SMELT LIKE VINEGAR (THOUGH I STOPPED SHORT OF TASTING IT) THE THING IS, IF IT WAS VINEGAR, I WAS DONE , AS IT WORKS OUT APPROX. EIGHTY TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE!