few pic's from microscope

sprinter_1

I would suspect you have used the flotation method for the above

an alternative method is to mix a sample in some water thoroughly mix and place a drop on the slide - it doesn't have to be covered with a cover slip - but would save contaminating your lens if it you used a cover slip - this method produces a denser sample and there will be more to see under the microscope - also - make a note of the magnification of your photos - as that also helps in the identification - some things can be seen clearly at x40 others at x100 and some things are best seen at x400

i bought a microscope at blackpool last year just cant get the hang of it looking in the thing all isee is my eye lashes ;D

hi bart you need to direct the light  on to it  or get an pc optic

they are good they fit on top of eye peice get them in ebay

looking at the slides, you aint got nothing there, a bit to clean, if you ask me if you had the major things  like canker ,and  cooci, it would show , i think if anything that i see is a bit of yeast, that vinager will put right are you feeding  barley wheat big persentage

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR REPLY'S VERY HELPFUL YES REDCHEQHEN I DID USE THE flotation method   I WILL TRY MIXING WITH WATER DID NOT KNOW THAT WATER WOULD DO THE JOB

looking at the slides, you aint got nothing there, a bit to clean, if you ask me if you had the major things  like canker ,and  cooci, it would show , i think if anything that i see is a bit of yeast, that vinager will put right are you feeding  barley wheat big persentage

YES BIGDA  FEEDING A LOT OF BARLEY HOW DID YOU KNOW. CAN YOU ALSO SHOW ME THE YEAST PLEASE THANK YOU

i bought a microscope at blackpool last year just cant get the hang of it looking in the thing all isee is my eye lashes ;D

I wear glasses - was told not to wear them when using microscope - but then have this problem - eyelashes - when you wear glasses you don't have the problem with the eyelashes !!

Its just another method - flotation is fine but you might not catch the floaters !! (evil)

I WILL TRY MIXING WITH WATER DID NOT KNOW THAT WATER WOULD DO THE JOB

According to my chart the first pic says: dynamic Mars, the Sun and the New Moon all lighting up the area of your skies that rules your social life and friendships, the importance of being open to people you meet, and of breaking exciting new ground, is strongly stressed this week. The time has also come to take a much more confident approach to a career dilemma. Make the opening move midweek.

whoops :B wrong chart :)

Like the other replies, you need to say what magnification you used. I think you have yeast there but not much too worry about. Quite a few of the lads arround here have learned to use a microscope. We have taught each other.

Someone said that you should use vinegar. Sounds right. You need to check the birds in a week to see if the vinegar works. Use 400 magnification to identify yeast. You should see the little teddy bears and the buds growing from some of them.

Last year I had bad cocci with my YBs and treated them with Baycox. Normally Baycox would clear the lot out. I tested them again a week later and, although the cocci was much better, I still had it. It took three attempts to clear it up. If I had'nt had a microscope I would never have been able to understand what was happening. Just recently I checked the birds and found hair worm in the stock hens. The good thing now is that I do not need to treat for cocci or canker, just worms. Saved money and avoided using drugs that the birds did not need.