maurice delbar's

Guest bakes

Delbars Little Chequer was paired to a grizzle hen and in turn produced down the line the Super Grizzle for Berlengee (100% Delbar). The Golden Grizzles are stiil sought after especially in Germany.Thomas Peeters bought the Golden Grizzle hen which produced Champion Barcelona .the strain is apparent in Jos Thone's grizzles after all is Peeters not his father in law may be wrong but might be right.350 to 700 miles these birds will do if that is what you are looking for. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bakes
Delbars Little Chequer was paired to a grizzle hen and in turn produced down the line the Super Grizzle for Berlengee (100% Delbar). The Golden Grizzles are stiil sought after especially in Germany.Thomas Peeters bought the Golden Grizzle hen which produced Champion Barcelona .the strain is apparent in Jos Thone's grizzles after all is Peeters not his father in law may be wrong but might be right.350 to 700 miles these birds will do if that is what you are looking for. :)

thanks mate much apreciated

all the best

bakes.

The late Dave Mc Neilly and Will Troughton in Ireland had the best of the Delbar birds at one time. They brought birds back direct from Maurice Delbar in the late 60's and 70's.

A lot of the Ian Axe birds originate from these birds and both fanciers were very successful with the Delbars in nationals and derbies in Ireland.  I think one of Dave McNeilly's sons still races these birds, but could be wrong.

Guest bakes
The late Dave Mc Neilly and Will Troughton in Ireland had the best of the Delbar birds at one time. They brought birds back direct from Maurice Delbar in the late 60's and 70's.

A lot of the Ian Axe birds originate from these birds and both fanciers were very successful with the Delbars in nationals and derbies in Ireland.  I think one of Dave McNeilly's sons still races these birds, but could be wrong.

thanks mate good bit of info much apreciated

Some good information/discussion on this thread.

I believe Ian Axe bought the 2 National winners of Phil Heslop of Annan which were bred from his bloodlines.

I remember the guy I had mine from speaking of David Mc Neilly.  

I think the spelling is Berlangee.

I believe there was a particularly good line of these flew into Baillieston on the outskirts of Glasgow many years ago. I believe this was the origin of Mason's 1210. I think this pigeon was also connected with Ireland as the fancier moved there.

John Robilliard in Cornwall has the Berlangee Delbars I believe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pigeon82

John Robilliard in Cornwall has the Berlangee Delbars I believe

i know john robilliard he usually deals with show racers maybe he used to race beford my time but i known him since 98 and all ive known him to do is show racers never seen him race

Who owns picture 3?? I want to buy it lol. What a pigeon that looks

and me mate cracking looking bird do you no what it achieved chris has it bred anythink worth while

all the best.

I will ask Steve tomorrow

The bird is owned by a member of this site whether he will sell or not is a different matter though.

Bakes - you dont actually need to buy any as i did say i would sort you x 2 for next season to race.

thanks chris much apreciated bud :)

Who owns picture 3?? I want to buy it lol. What a pigeon that looks

I bought picture 3 from the elimar site,when chris was selling them on behalf of steve stoker.i have him paired to louella jan aarden hen this year and have been delighted with the quality of young the cross is producing.

although i do not show pigeons i have no doubt the cross would definately win in the show pen,they are stunning!