henry mair's lionheart

This fancier bred a pigeon for J gibson of Dalkieth which bred him many winners including a gold award winner called Sartilly express wich was also sold to Biss.

I visited Henry mair in the early 90s and i can honestly say his HUSBANDRY is the worst i have ever seen in my life i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole :( :( :(

Another myth---this bird was bred by Bobby Kennedy.

i had some a few years ago and did well over water with them you are pulling aguy to bits how many pigeon ppl got pigeons of top pigeon men and done nothing with them but i bet you dont come on here pulling them to bits and your talking about Chris Gordon  i know ppl had them of him done nothing with his pigeons to good pigeon flyers dont send 100 pigeons to every race them that sends a few pigeons and olds there own there good flyers

Many fanciers are winning with this blood line,but will they tell you that :-/ pure southwells ;D ;D ;D ;D some of the great fanciers are long gone but there birds still win SION,BARKER,WESTCOTTS,and many others so think before you start knocking fanciers ;).

Guest chrisss
Many fanciers are winning with this blood line,but will they tell you that :-/ pure southwells ;D ;D ;D ;D some of the great fanciers are long gone but there birds still win SION,BARKER,WESTCOTTS,and many others so think before you start knocking fanciers ;).

well said is it the bird or the fancier?

I heard of a Fancier From Elgin who purchased 10 y/bs this year 2 were dead on arrival  3 died witihin 4weeks and the rest were lost in a 30 mls toss and to put the iceing on the cake Henry Mair Phoned him up at the back end of the season and asked him if he would like to buy some some good yearling stock birds for £35 each  

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/4/2009 at 9:37 PM, hotrod said:

i think everybody and his dog mate has tried these .RUBBISH.

I grew up in Irvine racing remember Harry mair  trying to give me a set of young bird , ha  Davy black God bless him told me shy clear . 1000 mile family ?  Harry took about 7 days to fly Barcelona.  Then you have Alan reaside  who flew same distance in 3 days with the conqueror world record book entry.  Harry mairs  lion hearts ?  Ha he milked it well sell crap  all over the world . Memories they were the days