busschaerts

Guest vander mungo

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maricelbill

who can enlighten me on the cock popeye of woodruffe bros. think he would up with alfie hawthorn. whatever you know of his history breeding offspring etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maricelbill

Bill we had some off george turner (he is a mate of my dads since youth). but our best ones are through the late Dave Broadhurst again turner bros, our no1 cock is off a son of daves 3x1st worcs fed with a average 8000 birds.

looking at it again dave he's actually what you'd call from the old stuff.

• 5 months later...
Guest maricelbill

who knows the origin of the kavanagh busschaerts. are they the larkins corbett lines of say the klaren sooten little black pekito de 85 coppi hen or the older jj horn or a mixture.

Guest chad3646

Shy lass was a superb hen. However, she was not the hen her g-dam was. the 916 hen or Atomique. She was the dam of the Musketeer Cock and therefore g-dam to Tom Larkins 3 Musketeers. She is also the g-dam of John Palmer's No 1 stock hen the 17333 hen. Easily the equal of Shy Lass. When Tom Larkins clocked his 4 cocks into the same thimble to win that now legendary Wadebridge Open by over and hour, 2 of the cocks were her grandchildren (2 musketeers) the other 2 were her own sons. Tom later paired her to D'artagnan, her grandson. She left several dynasties of winners including that of George Corbett.

Makes the mouth water boys, don't it just.

tom larkins clocked his 4 cocks into the same thimble to win the now legendary wadebridge open by over an hour,just wondering which cock would have got the honours

Guest maricelbill

tom larkins clocked his 4 cocks into the same thimble to win the now legendary wadebridge open by over an hour,just wondering which cock would have got the honours

what the yanks would cal a four way tie.

No mention of the Shuttleworths.

joe shuttleworth lives not far from me and his birds still win although he aint raced much this year his old club folded killinghall sr and it was a big wedding anniversary year for him.

around here joes birds were crack on the north and billy parks did well on the south.

i dont think there is a lot of pure busschaerts about, now there is a lot of crosses with them what are your thoughts

they were never anything pure to start with just pure winners :emoticon-0167-beer:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

You must have had your bored head on, always a good read with Busschaerts, I'm biased as you know as that's all I've got biggrin.gif

i dont know wether i told you Bill ? my late Father had Buschearts and when i started some folk offered them to me , i refused them . my thinking was if Dad had them 25 years ago , how good would they be now ?? i had a stray yb in my first year , was head and shoulders above mine , the guy didnt want to collect it and asked me to keep it .i sent him a card at Christmas telling him i still had it and asked about it,s parentage . he phoned to tell me it was ,,,,,, ah you guessed it :emoticon-0136-giggle: ive a few more "Buschearts" since then too.

i dont know wether i told you Bill ? my late Father had Buschearts and when i started some folk offered them to me , i refused them . my thinking was if Dad had them 25 years ago , how good would they be now ?? i had a stray yb in my first year , was head and shoulders above mine , the guy didnt want to collect it and asked me to keep it .i sent him a card at Christmas telling him i still had it and asked about it,s parentage . he phoned to tell me it was ,,,,,, ah you guessed it :emoticon-0136-giggle: ive a few more "Buschearts" since then too.

Sometimes Dad does know best rolleyes.gif