• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

busschaerts site golden oldies Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   clayton moore Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:16 PM

The man George Busschaert died in 1982.Its true he did import birds and when brought in they were Busschaerts.However he never bought a yb off anyone to sell.He was a great stockman and he very often not only paired bird A to bird B. But he would pair bird B,s brother to bird A,s sister.Red 20 is not a sister to Pluto.Plutos only brother is his nest mate 69 320910.Shy lass the Danny Challis hen was not bred by George she was bred by Tom Larkins.Also Georges wife was Neytens sister.Georges best bird was a check  cock de 85 nestmate to ladybird.Sadley de85 hit wires killed outright.

#42 User is offline   BIGK Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:25 PM

Ray still flies them very successfully! cracking pigeons, all winds, all weathers, all distances! supper pigeons the bushies

#43 Guestvander mungo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:34 PM

after all these testimonies,i t think it will have to be a busschaert cross

#44 User is offline   Roland Icon

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 24 February 2010 - 22:48 PM

If anyone wants some great reads and photo's of Gearge, and his mates who flew, plus methods etc. pm me your Email address. Have seen most articles like on here and others times. But these are realy different and rare. Only ever know of the one that has them. A Jimmy Ried, now in B.C. Canada, formerly of Scotland.
Pigeons Interests ... before Fanciers ego's!

#45 User is offline   alvagate Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 23:16 PM

hot bed for the bussharts w
ianas the northeast and there is not many families that could hold there own against them

#46 User is offline   retired Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 23:19 PM

Very true Buscharrt pigeons have stood the test of time and still continue to do so.

I think one of the strongest colonies of old original Buscharrt lines belongs to a member of this site and cant wait to try them this year. :)

#47 GuestROCKYandRAMBO_*

Posted 25 February 2010 - 00:12 AM

ive got two grand sons off super man in my stock loft and they throw out winners for fun with every hen they have been with crossed or pure at the moment there with warren foster hens , and these win for me from 130 miles to 487 miles all ready got four in the nest off them now and 3 are pure white again

#48 User is offline   BLACK W F Icon

• High Ranking
  • Group: SALESMEN

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:32 AM

find some up the write up facts different to what i was told g busheart came over to england to set up a textile factory his family owned met and became friends with Gill duncan went into partnership and brought the birds over from belg  dominated the kent area sold up and went back to belg  gill Duncan was a greyhound trainer   Tom larkins became  buschaerts agent in this country  corbetts birds came from Tom Larkins
probally the top breeder in the n e England  where the partnership of Soderland and Bradley  they bred many winners and breeders of winners   parkside superman   and probally one of the best the great Quosimodo of Luke Coulson  and Thomson  i am sure Jimmy Bambling  could go alot further aswell  these are just a very small insight to what was bred from them
the truth is here not out there

#49 User is offline   stantheman Icon

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

Bakes mine are a blend of all of those lines and to be fair mine are better the further they go as i am not interested in short races and as i told you i dont keep any oldbirds that have not flown channel at least twice as yearlings the blacks have been most consistent over the years and have had only bird on day 3 times

#50 User is offline   dwh Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCO.DURHAM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

ROCKYandRAMBO said:

ive got two grand sons off super man in my stock loft and they throw out winners for fun with every hen they have been with crossed or pure at the moment there with warren foster hens , and these win for me from 130 miles to 487 miles all ready got four in the nest off them now and 3 are pure white again

yer right bout superman lines we had a cock never failed to thro a winner every year (long gone now mores the pity )threw  a ch hen won beauvais twice qnd always in  a position
you please youself you please everybody :)

#51 User is offline   Roland Icon

• High Ranking
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

Well our Fed's top flyer, in the Fed and Alga, and certainly at the distance, breeds so many, about 24 y/b's and as I've said before, returns spare youngsters etc. each season to the original guy he had thes off. Yes of course, as alwas gives to any needy fancier. This year he's only breeding 12 tops... buying again from Louella as he needs introduction again he feels. Yes has also very often bought in from there and had great results. Yes has tried others over the last 47 years, but none he says have ever been anywhere near as good as the Bussearts. Yes he is in the position to buy he best. But as he says, Louella's are a fraction onf the price and are as good as any. Yes the other sauce he started last time with devastioning effects were intro's from a good fancier in Newark.
Pigeons Interests ... before Fanciers ego's!

#52 User is offline   OLDYELLOW Icon

• TOP GUN
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • LocationScarborough Yorkshire - God's own County , Englishman by birth, Yorkshireman by the grace of God , lol
  • Club:Cayton Bay Invitation

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:24 AM

walterbmasson said:

ALAN if my memory serves me right did geff horn not buy that BIRDS OFF THE newton pair of birds and won every thing with them and moved up into Scotland and won a SNFC national  

There was more than one pair , newton pair , wilkinson pair , broken keel cock , Crayonne and many more  ;) my mate in Wales bought Bushaerts from Dr J.J Horn ;)
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" Albert Einstein http://s328.photobuc...323/OLDYELLOW1/

#53 User is offline   clayton moore Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

Roland said:

Well our Fed's top flyer, in the Fed and Alga, and certainly at the distance, breeds so many, about 24 y/b's and as I've said before, returns spare youngsters etc. each season to the original guy he had thes off. Yes of course, as alwas gives to any needy fancier. This year he's only breeding 12 tops... buying again from Louella as he needs introduction again he feels. Yes has also very often bought in from there and had great results. Yes has tried others over the last 47 years, but none he says have ever been anywhere near as good as the Bussearts. Yes he is in the position to buy he best. But as he says, Louella's are a fraction onf the price and are as good as any. Yes the other sauce he started last time with devastioning effects were intro's from a good fancier in Newark.

Its true Luella Busschaerts are a fraction of the price but if your pal paid that little bit extra he would do murder, the Pearson and Dransfield Busschaerts are 10 times better.My speciallist subject on mastermind was Remi George Busschaert.Ask me any question    on George  

#54 User is offline   ken Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

i think the best busschaerts are kavaghan busschaerts just ask tt on here they will win from 95ml to 500ml my yearling will go to clearmount 450ml tt flew in the same club as george busschaert and he told me his kavaghan birds are the best pigeons he has ever had

#55 User is offline   clayton moore Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Kavanagh Busschaerts are crosses, Busshaert X FVW.Scotlnds one loft race 2009 was won by one.

#56 User is offline   ken Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

i no my mate bred it

#57 User is offline   dwh Icon

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCO.DURHAM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

clayton moore said:

Kavanagh Busschaerts are crosses, Busshaert X FVW.Scotlnds one loft race 2009 was won by one.

kavanagh originals are busschaerts they introduced the fvw later on yes they were good but they could'nt hold a candle to  
the john  tray john knighton busschaerts these men along with john lynas were the best in our area.fact
you please youself you please everybody :)

#58 Guestsouthern and mason_*

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:15 AM

kavanagh originals are wildamech x busschaerts (a dnt think its spelt right) then they become kavanagh pigeons. hindmarsh had the best ov them then a mink got in and killed the stock pigeons my m8 bought the last son off the main pair and he still got it its spitin winners out and anuv lad that flys in my fed has got the best ov hindmarsh aswell crossed wit ther own busschaerts ther the top lads in the fed

#59 User is offline   BLACK W F Icon

• High Ranking
  • Group: SALESMEN

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

dwh said:

kavanagh originals are busschaerts they introduced the fvw later on yes they were good but they could'nt hold a candle to  
the john  tray john knighton busschaerts these men along with john lynas were the best in our area.fact

correct davey  i think you will find that a lot desended  from soderlands lofts
the truth is here not out there

#60 User is offline   clayton moore Icon

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

In a competition of excellance there is only a cigarett papers width between one loft and another.John Tray, John Lynas and the Knighton family aces everyone but to suggest not being able to hold candles to them is icing the cake a smidge.The original Kavanagh Busschaerts were pure.But the better ones were crosses FVW X Bussaerts from John Soderland.Thats also true of the mink getting into Pert Hindmarshes loft.

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders