busschaerts

Guest vander mungo

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maricelbill

john crowder

Now I'm getting someplace. Which part of the world does John Crowder live? And address or phone number would be even better :>) PM if prefer or email is westwing@eircom.net Cheers, B'

Guest maricelbill

There was more than one pair , newton pair , wilkinson pair , broken keel cock , Crayonne and many more ;) my mate in Wales bought Bushaerts from Dr J.J Horn ;)

Nice picture album. Liked the dark youngsters but all well reared. You seem to have photographed everything bar the neighbours missus. Or is that another story? ^_^ Bill

Guest maricelbill

tommy still going

I worked in London in 1987 and many weekends I took the train to Deal to see Howard Henson. We'd go to his loft and I'd pick a youngster or two. Many of the direct Busschaerts were there. Son of Pluto, Little Black etc. I tried to contact him recently only to find Howard had passed away. He was a lovely man. May he rest in peace.

Guest maricelbill

Ray still flies them very successfully! cracking pigeons, all winds, all weathers, all distances! supper pigeons the bushies

By Ray I assume you mean Ray Callender? (spelling correct?) Is it possible you might PM me his contact details? Or email if you prefer. westwing@eircom.net I'm on a mission. Pigeon bug has me by the *expletive removed* and it won't let go. Bill

Guest maricelbill

Very true Buscharrt pigeons have stood the test of time and still continue to do so.

I think one of the strongest colonies of old original Buscharrt lines belongs to a member of this site and cant wait to try them this year. :)

Who is the mystery flyer? PM ? Bill

Guest robscott

i bought some all purpose busschaerts from masserella 1998,ill never forget them.when i open the amtrak boxes they were outstanding my jaw hit the deck lol.late breds 12 for £120 one of them bred my section winner.

Guest maricelbill

Skip 43 minutes into this video and you'll hear a bit about one of the greatest Busschaerts of all time "Barney" from the legend himself Billy Parkes of Killyleigh

Billy Parks Busschaerts flew really well south road. I'd never heard the same said flying the north road from Scotland to Southern Ireland. Mind you, I never came across another family of birds that could handle it consistently either. Thurso!! It's eaten the best and hungry for more. B'

Billy Parks Busschaerts flew really well south road. I'd never heard the same said flying the north road from Scotland to Southern Ireland. Mind you, I never came across another family of birds that could handle it consistently either. Thurso!! It's eaten the best and hungry for more. B'

These birds have flown well out to 500+ miles in Scotland which in the main is south road racing

Guest maricelbill

These birds have flown well out to 500+ miles in Scotland which in the main is south road racing

I have no doubt they do. And Parkes was a legend.

Guest maricelbill

Its true Luella Busschaerts are a fraction of the price but if your pal paid that little bit extra he would do murder, the Pearson and Dransfield Busschaerts are 10 times better.My speciallist subject on mastermind was Remi George Busschaert.Ask me any question on George

Is that true about mastermind? you kidding, are you?

Guest maricelbill

At the time a unique colony of Busschaerts.All based around the Corbett darks.The no 1 and 2 pairs Ben Madina had a lot of this family.Brilliant but for the failing health of George Turner.This particular colony lives on with Phil Ball of Romney Marshes. 01797 344751.

How are they flying?

• 5 weeks later...

George Bushaert was from Belgium had a partner in Kent ;)

He moved his carpet business here Mark. He devastated the Kent combines. Indeed they never knew what had hit them. He flew widowerhood.

Was strongly dislike in Belgium because he bought pigeons of off Maurice Delbar originally after the war. He was never forgiven.

His sister and brother - in - law flew his birds with good success in Belgium. When he went back he set the Belgium alight. Many of his records and achievements still stand ... though of course the Belgium’s tend to, or wish to ignore and pretend otherwise. Certainly when he was alive.

He was arguably the best stock-man of all time. But as for those who befriended and those that flew his pigeons, they are very well documented. Some of the best birds in this country are Bussearts, and many of the top names fly his birds. Also many owed their success and name to George’s birds Indeed even many today.

Northants fed was / is nigh dominated by Bussearts over the last nigh 50 years.

But then the name, and George himself are so very well spoke of and known.

Ronnie Williamson of course flies Bussearts still... the list is endless.

Think now that the wide consensus is that his birds were the best of all time, even out scoring Jansenns. Though of course that will always be debated, and quite rightly so, When points and records are put forward. It is mostly who is / was who's favourite I guess.

He moved his carpet business here Mark. He devastated the Kent combines. Indeed they never knew what had hit them. He flew widowerhood.

Was strongly dislike in Belgium because he bought pigeons of off Maurice Delbar originally after the war. He was never forgiven.

His sister and brother - in - law flew his birds with good success in Belgium. When he went back he set the Belgium alight. Many of his records and achievements still stand ... though of course the Belgium’s tend to, or wish to ignore and pretend otherwise. Certainly when he was alive.

He was arguably the best stock-man of all time. But as for those who befriended and those that flew his pigeons, they are very well documented. Some of the best birds in this country are Bussearts, and many of the top names fly his birds. Also many owed their success and name to George’s birds Indeed even many today.

Northants fed was / is nigh dominated by Bussearts over the last nigh 50 years.

But then the name, and George himself are so very well spoke of and known.

Ronnie Williamson of course flies Bussearts still... the list is endless.

Think now that the wide consensus is that his birds were the best of all time, even out scoring Jansenns. Though of course that will always be debated, and quite rightly so, When points and records are put forward. It is mostly who is / was who's favourite I guess.

what records did he set in Belgium id be curious to know cant forget the natergale birds had a big effect too

what records did he set in Belgium id be curious to know cant forget the natergale birds had a big effect too

Will chase up some of the articles and hopefully be back with them ... was the reason I never mentioned which ones because of hassle finding and retrieving etc. lol. :animatedpigeons:

Nagel bros who flew in the London NR Fed in the late 80's early 90's won the fed plenty of time with the Quasimodo lines

quasimodo was bred by soderland &madison of south shields was sold as a squeaker to the newcastle partnership of luke coulson & thompson he won as a y/b but through the winter went all funny he could not hold his kneck up bred winners for fun every one won or bred winners off quosi :emoticon-0167-beer: said by many as the greatest stock ck of the bushys