Jason Phillips Young Bird Challenge

LISTER

Hi everybody

Jason is having computer problems the first race for the young bird challenge will be the 26th july while his pc is down anyone involved with the young bird challenge can either contact me through pm or ring Jason anytime on 07875749150

cheers Andy

ps young birds all looking fantastic good luck to everyone  

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just spoken to Jason Phillips about the young bird challenge he has decided to cancel it and refund the entry fees due to problems with his young bird team. His computer is down at the moment but can be contacted on 07875749150. He apologises for any inconvenience this might cause.

sorry ive not been online but ive had the pc go down its sorted now so im back again

regarding the ybs the problem im having with them is that they are all chucking their 8th 9th and 10th flights

they are all exercising well but wings are sore i should  think so im not racing them till 2nd of aug which will be the 3rd race into the program and it is a didstance of 100 miles i dont no if they will come or if i wl drop the lot but ive got to try and get them into some races and didnt think it would be fare on all who is taking part in the challenge if i was to drop them all so if you would pm me all you details ill refund everyone who as entered or you can take the chance and stay in the challenge as they will all be going from the 2nd of aug onwards

2nd august  hullavington 98 miles

9th  august  yeovil   144 miles

16th august  kingsdown 167 miles

23rd august  kingsdown  167 mies

30th august  kingsdown  167 miles  

6th  september  hullavington  98 miles

13th september  yelverton  200 miles

thankyou jason

Guest j v ward

my pigeon was  lost if anybody that is left in drops out put my name on there pigeon  if not put my 5pound to them that are left in

Nowt wrong with those birds... Remember also that it is thought that when shedding and replacing they have extra energy... like a woman having a baby gets a load... then does all the house work etc. which makes the labour harder ;):P ;D But many swear that it the best time to send... others feel that it's for the growing of the new feathers...

is this a bad thing /

i think butter milk is great for pigeons

i use butter milk and garlic

thought this why you posted the tread coz of the flites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the main objective is to hold onto the flites so we can race them.....

birds look a treat, not ideal for racing in my opinion

they will be raced on 2nd august by then the flights will be alot better than they are now

its a shame really but not to bad as ive learnt something else now and i can improve my yb system for next season

do you think we all sit here not raceing because they are growing flights  no  put thenm on road if you notice one not wanting to fly check it then make youer mind up or they will lag be hind

I dont use Buttermilk too often as it does push on the moult,but I use it more than most,when they get out to those last flights,there is a lot of discomfort and soreness,would watch closely the casting of these,well before and some days after,bird will let you know themselves with their reluctance to fly,a few days after each flight is cast,no probs,would imagne buttermilk constantly is responsible for double casting of some flights,swings and roundabouts springs to mind,but again lovely condition youngsters,watch closely the length of growing flight,All the Best.