Training Update

Loft Manager

The bird have been a couple of miles. a fair few times now, and were two'd up from there last night.

This morning I bit the bullet and took them to the next stop, 22 miles. There were alot of pigeons on the road this morning, but lucky I think we get a clear window and they all came as a bunch after 38 mins.

Took them to the couple of miles point and two'd them up again tonight, as it was too late to go the whole hog again.

One bit of bad news is that Ronaldinho, part of the substitute team came in with a broken leg the other day. He's in th hospital box just now and we'll see how he comes on.

Today it was cloudy and hazy, so there were just loft exercised this morning.

Cloud broke a little tonight and they all went to 22 miles again, took just longer than 30 mins, although one of the Blue Pied Soontjens is missing, will find out which one if he ain't their in the morning.

Last few days Zidane has been a bleedin nuisance for trapping, or should I say not trapping! Missing dinner last night seems to have sorted her out, as she was first in this morning and tonight :):)

• 2 weeks later...

The birds had a bad doo on Monday, let them out for exercise and only 6 left when it was time to call them in. Came back in 1's and 2's until the next morning, but frightened around the loft. So training was suspended a couple of days while they got their confidence back and we 2'd them up on Wednesday. They had 2 tosses from 20 miles Thursday and Friday morning from which the hens came well, just over 20mins, but the cocks were rubbish taking double the time for some reason.

Only going to send half a team this week with the setbacks will see how they come.

• 2 weeks later...

This week the birds have been 2'd up from 8-10 miles a few times, Thursday night they hit a heavy rain shower, but all came through fine.

Wednesday night Svensson came in from exercise with a bumped wing; weather or not its broken I dont know, I've put her (cheq hen) in the hospital box and will see how she picks up. Wouldnt it be the way, 1st home Saturday and shaping up again to get injured around the loft :-/

Ronaldinho is back in traning after his broken leg a few weeks ago. He's completed the 2 ups with no problems; see how he shapes up next week to go to the race.

Other birds not been sent to a race are; Cahill and Totti. Cahill took a scrape before the first race and has been coming back into form and is a candidate for next week. Totti spent a night out just before the second race (had a fright around the loft) and thus didnt go; would have been a candidate for this week, but decided not to send with the forecast - should go next week all being well.

Svensson is flying again now; but we'll see how she comes on before sending her in again, its a nasty knock which could take a while to heal properly.

I've been away most of this week, so the birds have been left in the capable hands of my father; their not going too bad, heard that the UNC Newark race basketing is going to be postponed 24 hrs and a review tomorrow; so a little more time to get them right if we're destined to have a race this week.