Well Done Ian McKay

Blue Chequer Pied

Well done Ian Mckay for the work you did in the schools in Aberdeen recently. Your good lady sent out an e-mail ( well done Marlene you managed perfectly despite your reservations ) telling us you would be in the Press & Journal. I get the Inverness edition and it was in there as well as the Aberdeen version. Well done even if one of those kids takes an interest in pigeon racing it will be a great achievement on your behalf. Keep up the good work.

Paul.  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guy's

The press did not do a good job taking into account they had a photographer there for 2.5 hrs taking all sorts of photographs with the kids and the birds.

The university spent a lot of money promoting the Darwin 200 project it was a pity for them they never got more exposure

The biggest surprise to me was the teachers. They all admitted they knew nothing of how we look after our birds and the condition and expense we go to.

The three classes were gifted a fully paid up bird in the Kingslea 1 Loft Race so this should extend the interest through the summer and they are going to name the bird? and all proceeds will be shared equally between them

It would have been nice to give each class a bird for themselves but maybe someone will come forward with the sponsorship so I can give each class a bird I am only looking for £120 so will speak nicely to all pigeon people even if some of them gave £10 this soon builds up

Cheers

Ian