200 MILE CHALLENGE RESULTS

Steve was the first in the firing line today and it was not good at all, wish he's taken our second 200 lol, got all three birds back

30th 31st 32nd

GIVING HIM A UNIRATE SCORE OF 18.987

If your weather was anything like ours Saturday I can certainly understand Hyacinth! We had head winds from the NW @ 35 or better and rain, rain, rain... The liberator said it was good at release (Basket slough, OR) and almost all his way home. At least we had good returns!

Carol

I was a stinker here with headwinds.  They don't usually come up till about Noon came up a bit earlier, the short end got their birds in good time but ours had to fight the headwinds.  We've had three really tough races with the winds and it has been very hard on the Yearlings.

One excellent point about last weekend is that we sent 35 pigeons and all were in the clock before 3.30, which is unusual for a 200 mile race for our club, they are usually horror stories.

I'm sure the weather was good when your liberator put your birds up, these winds are coming out of nowhere and are not forecasted.

LeRoy Satter tossed his birds from La Pne on Saturday and had extremely heavy losses.

Guest slugmonkey

We had EXTREMELY tough conditions birds released at 9 am for 200 mile race 1st birds at 4 pm my 1st at 5:28 pm had 26 of 34 on day with another 6 returning next day so I am only missing 2, I murdered them on points as I had a lot better returns than everyone else I have a virus on my computer and have been having a heck of a time getting online will respond with positions and distances and times asap sorry for time lost

Guest slugmonkey

Hy my milage is 209.211 and my results were   1418 lost  4 weeks ago, 8059 got 14th against 113 birds and 629 got 37th against 113 birds

this was a TOUGH race with speeds at 826.114 ypm

8059 speed  751.736

629  speed  675.991

• 3 weeks later...

What results we have had in are posted on the Web Page.

Only three flyers had all their 3 birds back, Birdman Ms Pigeon and Westbury Lofts.

Ray I'm still waiting for your Combine results before we post your results, can you let me have them please.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slugmonkey

Sorry I havent been on as late I am a summer worker and hours are crazy this time of year

I have sent numerous birds to futuritys and am proud to report that I am still racing 8059, she is going to go 600 next week we are expecting temps 90+ and stiff winds with HIGH humidity she is on babys and I am critical of sending her as she is going to be ready to lay so may be pulled, 629 is mated to one of my best birds he is currently 2nd best bird in club and they are nearing another set of eggs we have old babies in nest and I am loking forward to winning best bird as the leader has consistently been beaten by this bird, again I will use the key phrase " before you buy birds look to see who in the area is beating you !! "  look for our entries as " Littlejohn Brothers "I have 2 teams in the " World Ace Challenge"  another in the CBS Truck race and have supplied 8 birds in the florida races both as band birds and Classic entries also have entered auction birds with Richard Clark at auction race and with " Chatrace " for his race I am eagerly awaiting results

again SORRY for my abscence

The Slug