Lost birds

Colin8

We always ask where our pigeons end up a fellow club member has had one reported on the Isle of man from Billericay into the Scottish Borders. But a lad in Winlaton in gateshead has had one reported in alabama USA, from Guernsey 3 weeks ago. Wonder where mine are 

Often wondered about lost birds. From what I've experienced I have had only 3 birds  'return after a significant period has elapsed after the race they were lost from .My thinking is many will go with the snipes they take them to the  food source grain stores in the outskirts of most towns Waters not a problem. And they totally forget about routine and baskets every week . I firmly say I might possibly have a pigeon or 10 that are living their lives quite happily under a railway bridge . Somewhere in the UK .

Fact nrcc liberated in Fraserburgh two weeks ago  dozen or so remained at lib site . A local fancier caught 5 of them in a basket with food. And sent them to Darlington to be released closer to home. There are about 5 or 6 pecking around with snipers still there two weeks past .When I was a kid the old buildings that were damaged or derelict . We used to catch stray racers in all the houses trying to settle them was near impossible. As a result same ones were caught time after time .