Young fancier looking for ybs

CraigForsyth

Hi all, 

Been really unlucky with my ybs f9r starting off racing this year, I lost my full first team due to some sort of predator getting in my shed and wiping me out. I rebuilt from there and got a new team of 19 from which I am left with only 9 due to losses from top of loft and and a couple through illness :( I was wondering if anyone around the Aberdeenshire or down to Lanarkshire area would have any spare birds I could obtain to strengthen my team. I understand that the 8 I have left will race just fine but I made a promise to a very special person in my life that I'd won the yb nation one day and would like to give my self the best chance to compete every year. 

TIA Craig 

21 hours ago, CraigForsyth said:

Hi all, 

Been really unlucky with my ybs f9r starting off racing this year, I lost my full first team due to some sort of predator getting in my shed and wiping me out. I rebuilt from there and got a new team of 19 from which I am left with only 9 due to losses from top of loft and and a couple through illness :( I was wondering if anyone around the Aberdeenshire or down to Lanarkshire area would have any spare birds I could obtain to strengthen my team. I understand that the 8 I have left will race just fine but I made a promise to a very special person in my life that I'd won the yb nation one day and would like to give my self the best chance to compete every year. 

TIA Craig 

My offer has been withdrawn 

For everyone's information what Chris Donaldson is talking about happened over 8 years ago when I was a young lad 15-16 year old and had no sense. To stick me with that brush 8 years later is unbelievable, I have obtained Chris's phone number and tried to phone him countless amounts of time for an explanation to his very childish and abrupt message above as to which I have no response just wanted to clear that up 

1 hour ago, CraigForsyth said:

For everyone's information what Chris Donaldson is talking about happened over 8 years ago when I was a young lad 15-16 year old and had no sense. To stick me with that brush 8 years later is unbelievable, I have obtained Chris's phone number and tried to phone him countless amounts of time for an explanation to his very childish and abrupt message above as to which I have no response just wanted to clear that up 

Craig enjoyed our chat very obvious whos been in your ear !! Craig it Doesn’t matter about 8 year ago as you state you were a 15/16 year old but What does matter roll on to last friday let me get this right your 24 so not a kid with no sense im sure most would agree??So that you thought it would be ok to return something to which you were given in good faith on the promise it would be returned the way it was given but returned years later in a absolute sh&t State with half of it missing is truly unbelievable when others thats started up in club since could have used instead of folking out they’re not cheap !!! 
Club gave that to you as a Young lad to help you out like most clubs would id say ? (truth be told i spoke up for you to get it) Members including mysel gave you birds to get you going out of kindness not that they had too also so to say iv “Stuck you with a brush” is a Much appreciated Cheers👍 

Best of luck with Winning the YB National ! I hope you do for the for the promise you made to the “Very Special Person in your life” Which I could almost Guarantee he/she never taught you growing up to treat others this way that help you ? Course they didn’t !! 
PS - Wee tip next time you call someone try leaving message stating whos calling if no answer saves you calling 20 odd times ?? 

I would agree with Chris I started out with not much knowledge on keeping doos but my club at the time at Fraserburgh have helped me a lot and given me ets system which I have looked after only been damaged once and repaired, returned working well back to the club when I left. Pigeon guys always try to help new starters but some people can be expecting everything to be done for them and returned no favour to them, that’s just greedy.  I’m going to be back next year in Aberdeen club but if guys help me I’m fine with that but I have to make the effort myself and one day I will see my results. 

33 minutes ago, Mattydoos79 said:

I would agree with Chris I started out with not much knowledge on keeping doos but my club at the time at Fraserburgh have helped me a lot and given me ets system which I have looked after only been damaged once and repaired, returned working well back to the club when I left. Pigeon guys always try to help new starters but some people can be expecting everything to be done for them and returned no favour to them, that’s just greedy.  I’m going to be back next year in Aberdeen club but if guys help me I’m fine with that but I have to make the effort myself and one day I will see my results. 

Good luck Mathew with restarting am sure Chris would help you out if needed its the kind of guy he is. I can totally see his point in regards of club property I would be annoyed aswell as this could end up costing a new fanceir having to buy a new ETS system. Craig I feel you should move on and get some youngsters from someone or even buy some in if you can afford it and enjoy racing your doos. Hopefully achieve your ambitions in the national. If I could give you 1 bit of advice do your own thing race your doos and don't listen to any keyboard warriors the majority of feds have 1 including our 1 good luck.