• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pigeon Post

EU ANIMAL HEALTH REGULATIONS – CHANNEL RACING
DEFRA REGISTRATION
24/5/22

Defra have this morning sent us the details for the loft registration and Export Health Certificate procedures.  Their communication states:

“From 24 May 2022 a new Export Health Certificate for racing pigeons from Great Britain (GB) sent to the EU or Northern Ireland (NI) for the purpose of immediate release for racing back to Great Britain, will be available on GOV.UK.

“A registration system for establishments (pigeon lofts) will also be available from 24 May 2022.  Establishments must be registered with the competent authority if keepers want to use the new EHC and move racing pigeons from that premises in GB to the EU or NI for the purpose of immediate release for racing back to GB. We will register lofts as quickly as possible but please allow at least 6 weeks for your application to be processed.

“Pigeon lofts that do not wish to engage in racing from the EU or Northern Ireland are unaffected by these changes.

“If you wish to partake in the racing of pigeons from the EU or Northern Ireland back to GB you must use the new EHC and obtain registration of your loft.

“Please see full guidance and required forms for establishment registration on GOV.UK and Gov.scot.

“See the attached FAQ for more information on certification and registration.”

DownloadLoft Registration and Export Health Certificate FAQs

Please note that lofts only need to register; the Export Health Certificate will be obtained by clubs/organisations.

1 hour ago, REDCHEQHEN said:

It's not George - it's not easy for those who struggle with computers, and if you cannot recognise your address or allotment on a map to get your easting and northing reference - you're stuffed!

I think the Scottish one must be diffrent as it was a doddle and I'm rubbish at stuff online. Took 2 minutes. All we had to put in was name address email and phone number and how many pigeons we kept

35 minutes ago, REDCHEQHEN said:

It is different! I have 2 more forms to fill in after getting my CPH number, I have downloaded and printed them off- but one is 9 pages long and the other is 5 pages  once completed I have to scan and e-mail to "whoever"

What a pain!

Seems a lot of work. Thankfully the Scottish one was fool proof or I wouldn't of managed. We have our 1st national next week. Hopefully get the paper work in this week and we will be good to go

I registered yesterday  but on saying that if things turn out to costly i will only do inland races.First race this week ,form for entry have been posted out from SNFC so i think we will get them the morn. 

10 hours ago, philg50 said:

I registered yesterday  but on saying that if things turn out to costly i will only do inland races.First race this week ,form for entry have been posted out from SNFC so i think we will get them the morn. 

A heard we have to go to Dundee with our channel doos instead of aberdeen. Is that right phil?

5 hours ago, Mattydoos79 said:

What!!! That’s a fair drive just to drop doos off 

6 hours ago, jbee said:

At the last committee meeting, marking stations for the proposed channel races were not discussed, when we left the meeting it was still the 7 - 8 marking stations 

Thanks. Just a rumour then. Plenty of them flying about. Looking forward to Saturday hopefully a decent day with good returns 

With a vet at every marking station a requirement, there are very few registering in the North East of England. Races probably won't be viable,  Calais is not accepting pigeons, so an alternative port has to be found- and a vet to pay for in France as well, what the powers that be expect to happen on a ferry crossing, God only knows! England has more paperwork, as we are all part of the UK - I don't really understand why there should  be any difference.