First race

neila

We start a week earlier this year not great training weather this last 10-12 days luckily I was on nights the two weeks before and we had summer like temperature to train in  But I can see the birdage way down 

Anyone else starting this weekend 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, neila said:

Going well so far had 3 short races 

lost 1 yearling racing and one real good cock at home that’s won a good few races I imagine a pylon or falcon can’t think what else 

Hi Neil

Your being very humble from what I can see from your results on chat . Well done so far this season .  

Always rubbish to lose a good bird for no reason. 

Cheers mate that’s kind of you I have had a bit of luck I think

I was gutted to lose him loft flying he was 2nd combine last year I don’t always send to combines as I’m not keen on certain things so it was pleasing to get him . He has been a real good honest racer then 2 days later I lost a yearling hen . i lost a yearling hen off the loft 2 days before him that raced as a baby but not this year but I didn’t really see the warning signs .The thing that was strange is in both circumstances the other birds were not scared ( like after a BOP) or marked by wires as I thought with the east winds maybe that was the reason as I do have pylons about 1/2 mile away over the fields . i am still looking for him every day but I know he’s gone really 

thanks you your post mate