Walter Swanston, Moffat

yeboah

Sorry to inform the fancy of the passing of my dear friend and clubmate Walter who sadly passed away this morning 

Walter was not only instrumental in securing ets systems for our club but through his written constitution many more clubs were successful throughout the uk 

Walter also served as federation president and worked tirelessly in the purchase of our own transporter 

Walter was a supporter of pigeon basics for many years and will be sadly missed 

RIP my friend 😪

First met Walter at the SHU Council meetings. He worked very hard for Solway Federation within the SHU and he also worked hard for the SHU rarely missing a meeting. I had met his namesake nephew through Kilmarnock Harriers and he also had a Boxer dog, so we had a few common interests. He was always very supportive of me and encouraged me within the SHU.

He will be a great loss to the pigeon sport, the SHU and I'm sure to Solway Federation and his Club.

Very sad news indeed.

Please express my condolences to his family and friends.

2 hours ago, yeboah said:

Sorry to inform the fancy of the passing of my dear friend and clubmate Walter who sadly passed away this morning 

Walter was not only instrumental in securing ets systems for our club but through his written constitution many more clubs were successful throughout the uk 

Walter also served as federation president and worked tirelessly in the purchase of our own transporter 

Walter was a supporter of pigeon basics for many years and will be sadly missed 

RIP my friend 😪

sad news indeed , R.I.P. Walter .

On behalf of the staff at the SHU and the officials of the SHU we would like  to pass our condolences to Walters friends and family. On a personal note Walter and I sat together for more years than I care to remember  and having a "cuppa" before the meetings. Walter had a good knowledge of many subjects and we spoke on the phone many times over the years and it was only yesterday while in the loft that Walter came into my thoughts. Walter  as others have said will be really missed.            Dougie Bald