Winter exercise regime if any?

lanarkshire lad

What’s the members opinion on pigeons being locked up for months on end do you think it does them any harm ? I know of fanciers that have them locked up from when the racing finishes until the months of March and April the following year and still race very well with them . I know with all this covid lockdown it can effect humans mental and physical health but what’s the opinion on pigeons?

I've been hit by sparrow hawk twice in a week so will be keeping them in for a while now hard anough getting  them through a racing season the birds no themselves they don't want to go out can't do them any harm especially if ther happy in a safe place and at the of the day ther home is ther motivation to race to wer they are most content imo

11 hours ago, lanarkshire lad said:

What’s the members opinion on pigeons being locked up for months on end do you think it does them any harm ? I know of fanciers that have them locked up from when the racing finishes until the months of March and April the following year and still race very well with them . I know with all this covid lockdown it can effect humans mental and physical health but what’s the opinion on pigeons?

Locked in every year September to February 

I like to get them out if the weather is ok and it hasn't been lately. I'm not a trainer of old birds so l keep them fit through the winter, I don't let them walk about the garden they are either in the sky or in the loft. I know a lot of lads who do keep them in and fly really well.