North of Scotland AGM fIASCO

IMO, trying to pull the blinkers over each and every Federation members eyes by saying no venue could be found for AGM  leaves me having considerable doubt about a postal vote .I also have at this time reservations on part of the letter received this week stating that if winning Mr Birnie and his committee would take care of any other agenda ,to much going on to leave as is .I think the amount of confusing issues being raised by present top table warrant no less than a proper AGM .

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, trying to pull the blinkers over each and every Federation members eyes by saying no venue could be found for AGM  leaves me having considerable doubt about a postal vote .I also have at this time reservations on part of the letter received this week stating that if winning Mr Birnie and his committee would take care of any other agenda ,to much going on to leave as is .I think the amount of confusing issues being raised by present top table warrant no less than a proper AGM .I have just finished reading the 2021 balance sheet for the SHU and i noticed it stated that the North of Scotland Fed had 110 members that would not reflect the correct numbers with the lads breaking away to race with Moray Fed would it ???.The other thing i would ask when are we going to get our balance sheet as this would have to come out before agm would it not ?. I have just posted back my vote choosing option B as i believe any one with a point of view or strong opinion should have the right to be heard in a democratic way.

IMO, trying to pull the blinkers over each and every Federation members eyes by saying no venue could be found for AGM  leaves me having considerable doubt about a postal vote .I also have at this time reservations on part of the letter received this week stating that if winning Mr Birnie and his committee would take care of any other agenda ,to much going on to leave as is .I think the amount of confusing issues being raised by present top table warrant no less than a proper AGM .I have just finished reading the 2021 balance sheet for the SHU and i noticed it stated that the North of Scotland Fed had 110 members that would not reflect the correct numbers with the lads breaking away to race with Moray Fed would it ???.The other thing i would ask when are we going to get our balance sheet as this would have to come out before agm would it not ?. I have just posted back my vote choosing option B as i believe any one with a point of view or strong opinion should have the right to be heard in a democratic way.

19 minutes ago, philg50 said:

Your right phill, I believe the fed has held a steady number of members around the 110 mark for the last 20 year or so,

Regarding the mffc, 17/23 fanciers decided to renew their membership with the fed when the club started last year which makes only 6 members that didn't 

Along with declining memberships of clubs over the last few years I can't see how 110 is still correct,

It would be wise for the fed to make public the real number of current payed up members there is before any meeting/postal vote so to figure out what majority a proposal/rule needs to pass/change 

4 hours ago, philg50 said:

If you count the number of members per club on the paper copy we get of the race programme its says there is 92 members in our fed. I am not sure is this is the number they came up with before or after some members left to fly with the MFFC. 

32 minutes ago, robbiedoo. said:

If you count the number of members per club on the paper copy we get of the race programme its says there is 92 members in our fed. I am not sure is this is the number they came up with before or after some members left to fly with the MFFC. 

Robbie

I sent a letter asking for confirmation of membership numbers which arrived Wednesday by registered mail so reply should not be too long and I will share when it arrives

23 hours ago, gordon wilson said:

Sad to all this carry on should never been required if it had been handled properly from the top table 

Gordon

We should all be meeting at banff on Sunday morning to discuss ,debate and vote on all proposals as normal instead of this complete shambles

On 12/1/2021 at 8:34 PM, gordon wilson said:

Even if there is a change at the top Ron your job is safe you have done  a great service for us this last two years  thanks 

Thanks Gordon i really do appreciate that, its  your fed I'm just the driver and not trying to interfere but  have to take umbrage at  some comments here, implying faking illness? seems to be plenty greivances over actual racing matters that there was no need to reference that but it gives you an insight into the type of people instigating this. This been rumbling on since started driving  its not about "pigeon politics" its about personalities. Someone said its sad yes it is that while there are enough problems in the hobby/sport these are the type of situations you all have to face .

1 hour ago, grdkeith said:

Can anyone confirm when the closing date for the vote is,that's 14days since I recieved my letter and my vote long since posted. ?

Sent mine back also but then I was of the understanding  these Letters were deemed Void anyway due to they’re untruthful & manipulative content ?

14 hours ago, Dooheed 5 said:

Sent mine back also but then I was of the understanding  these Letters were deemed Void anyway due to they’re untruthful & manipulative content ?

IMO Mr Birnie is just trying to play mind games and is trying to stall for time The best thing  he can do is to stand down so we can mend this mess which he and his advisors have caused  At the moment the federation is stuck and broken we need to move forward for the fothcoming  season. So Mr Birnie and Co stop playing these silly mind games  ( STAND DOWN)

I can’t believe this bull sh*t hasn’t been taken down yet. The letter asks a simple question and with covid even if you find a venue then not everyone would want to mix with others from different areas.  The question is to gauge how members feel to decide what is best for them.  Even with a venue that will take 100 people maybe only 20 might feel safe to turn up so you won’t get a proper representation of the Fed members. So I suggest you put your toys down pull on your big boy breeks and grow up.Instead of all the slanderous comments say something grown up and constructive.

27 minutes ago, Pinefield Doo Man said:

I can’t believe this bull sh*t hasn’t been taken down yet. The letter asks a simple question and with covid even if you find a venue then not everyone would want to mix with others from different areas.  The question is to gauge how members feel to decide what is best for them.  Even with a venue that will take 100 people maybe only 20 might feel safe to turn up so you won’t get a proper representation of the Fed members. So I suggest you put your toys down pull on your big boy breeks and grow up.Instead of all the slanderous comments say something grown up and constructive.

well said 

Just now, robbiedoo. said:

Strange comment considering even the SHU are having their AGM tomorrow and by the sounds of it the majority of Scottish feds have had their AGM. I am hoping this will be my last post on this thread as all this carry on is bringing our fed down imo.

What a absolute shambles this is turning in to. My biggest worry is there is so much animosity that neither side are going to back down on anything and dosent look like there is room for compromise. The biggest loser is going to be the federation. Come on lads get your heads together for the good of the sport. Supposed to be grown men surely can come up with something that works for everyone, or at least the majority rather than looking out for yourselves

53 minutes ago, Ryan Hay said:

Hopefully after this week we will at least know if there will be a postal vote for a agm or a proper meeting.

Ryan if you cast your mind back to your voting slip then you will recall that a proper meeting was never up for a vote imo