Jump to content

Time to get the heads together to sort the mess the sport is in.


Delboy
 Share

Recommended Posts

A think tank with all the respectable and experienced fanciers taking part  with the main objective in getting the sport out the mess its in.  A few issues needing addressed pronto are-

1. BOP

2. YB Sickness / viruses and when to race ybs.ie. alternative winter program.

3. Routes east or west or both to avoid clashing.

4. National and fed  racing , together or separate.

The sport needs a clear out from top to bottom with a Barry Hearn approach to lift its image. Disaster after disaster at racing, doom and gloom at every aspect of the game, It needs sorting so lets get a team set up to take the game forward. One things for sure, without action, the game is done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most fanciers is thinking the same an iam on same thots as yourself its how is the question .surely we have to totally change next year an getting it sorted before next year comes or we will be in same boat .i for one have only 6 birds left to race next year out off 70 birds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bobby4 said:

Most fanciers is thinking the same an iam on same thots as yourself its how is the question .surely we have to totally change next year an getting it sorted before next year comes or we will be in same boat .i for one have only 6 birds left to race next year out off 70 birds.

Kevin, I haven't a clue why things don't get sorted asap. I actually believe fanciers enjoy the grief !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, andy Burgess said:

i agree whole heartedly Derek . something has to be done .

surprised youve not had a few comments in the last 6 hours ?

Your right Andy, serious times we are in at the moment and action is needed pronto.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the race controllers in snfc after the farcical y/b national race letting the birds up at 10,30 no sun west wind and no chance of the furthest flying members getting a bird on the day of the race because  of lack of daylight.they should resign it has happened to much times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AS DEL SAID SOMETHING WILL HAVE TO BE DONE THIS WAS A GREAT ENJOYABLE SPORT AT ONE TIME NOT ANYMORE AS WE SHOULD HAVE MEETINGS STARTING SOON TO TRY AND BETTER OUR SPORT BECAUSE OR BIRDS ARE ONLY GETTING USED AS A SLAUGHTER HOUSE FOR THESE BIRDS OF PREY AND PEOPLE PUTTING SICK UNFIT BIRDS AWAY TO RACES WHEN THEY HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING HOME THE BOPS ARE A GOOD PART OF OUR LOSES BUT FANCIERS ARE TO BLAME AS WELL SENDIND UNFIT BIRDS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 1:40 PM, Delboy said:

A think tank with all the respectable and experienced fanciers taking part  with the main objective in getting the sport out the mess its in.  A few issues needing addressed pronto are-

1. BOP

2. YB Sickness / viruses and when to race ybs.ie. alternative winter program.

3. Routes east or west or both to avoid clashing.

4. National and fed  racing , together or separate.

The sport needs a clear out from top to bottom with a Barry Hearn approach to lift its image. Disaster after disaster at racing, doom and gloom at every aspect of the game, It needs sorting so lets get a team set up to take the game forward. One things for sure, without action, the game is done.

Tried many times. Was a a time not long back when a Qorum was set up. Many ideas to raise money for the running and setting up a 'Think tank' But like the RPRA did, it was torn to shred by members oon here. Letter of protests written in the B.W. etc.

 Well a whole list  drawn up against it. Wanted Committee members names put up for the RSPB to see.

and much more.

 2p a bird charges via feds and 3p per bird charged to help finaince it. 

 Though a great idea, one needed and tried so many times, you will find Pigeon fancier will strangle it. Bilco was right 20 odd years ago. He gave up the ghost.

 Members love to moan. Won't get  of the hands that they are sitting on. Not just Apathy either! But they will demand wealthy fanciers should do it for them. Indeed their office workers should spend time doing it....... I could write an essay on it. 

 Sorry Delboy, and all...  it will never get of the page, let alone the ground!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Tried many times. Was a a time not long back when a Qorum was set up. Many ideas to raise money for the running and setting up a 'Think tank' But like the RPRA did, it was torn to shred by members oon here. Letter of protests written in the B.W. etc.

 Well a whole list  drawn up against it. Wanted Committee members names put up for the RSPB to see.

and much more.

 2p a bird charges via feds and 3p per bird charged to help finaince it. 

 Though a great idea, one needed and tried so many times, you will find Pigeon fancier will strangle it. Bilco was right 20 odd years ago. He gave up the ghost.

 Members love to moan. Won't get  of the hands that they are sitting on. Not just Apathy either! But they will demand wealthy fanciers should do it for them. Indeed their office workers should spend time doing it....... I could write an essay on it. 

 Sorry Delboy, and all...  it will never get of the page, let alone the ground!

You are correct once again Roland. The problem has always been with the fanciers apathy and laziness to sort things. Success at all things comes from dedication and work and we , as fanciers MUST work at saving the sport. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had good money to start up a think tank. Other 'Pigeon' societies like Tumblers and tipplers (Worse hit) and very much more.

The daggers aimed at us were from members. Some on here too. Which stuck in the back. Letter in Rags like were we antaginising the RSPB on purpose to no avail.

 We we in touch with DAFRA regards 'Eagle Owls. ... Which the RSPB illegal cull. Used media saying they would take dogs out walk, and even babies in prams ... and to think that some so called 'Pigeon Lovers' went along with it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders


×
×
  • Create New...