Where’S All The Pigeons Gone ?

GoRniC

Disaster followed by disaster weather perfect still disasters when are the solway federation members ever going to realise being the last federation in Scotland trying to fly the west coast route that it’s impossible now in the year 2021 just the same as it has been for more than a decade. I hear now the convoy will settle down this coming week end what a load of bullshit the majority of fanciers now cleaned out again for the season and not many even at a hundred miles and reports now of the last race charnock Richard on sat of birds having to be chased out of the transporter and officials claiming not been trained properly omg bullshit birds are terrified to leave the safety of the transporter pigeons ain’t as dumb as we fanciers are seemingly

Well in a nut shell, too close breeding! as most choose to ignore. Muck nature about and it will come back and slap you in the mouth. Well known fact Openly hopes chosen to be different for you! Especially whn 'Sales' dictate Double grand children of the same birds... 'bred down via incest.

P.s. dogs, ... well All results spemmed down from incess breeding - humans including have very weak and declinging faults. fact... So I know 'Lets breed these faults out by ... inbreeding'!

Play with fire and you get your finger burnt.

Incess - ONCE - for blood. Out crossed for racing is as far as one should tempt!

Disaster followed by disaster weather perfect still disasters when are the solway federation members ever going to realise being the last federation in Scotland trying to fly the west coast route that it’s impossible now in the year 2021 just the same as it has been for more than a decade. I hear now the convoy will settle down this coming week end what a load of bullshit the majority of fanciers now cleaned out again for the season and not many even at a hundred miles and reports now of the last race charnock Richard on sat of birds having to be chased out of the transporter and officials claiming not been trained properly omg bullshit birds are terrified to leave the safety of the transporter pigeons ain’t as dumb as we fanciers are seemingly

Very sad... Even sadder that some in Ayrshire are hell bent in going that way in future

Well in a nut shell, too close breeding! as most choose to ignore. Muck nature about and it will come back and slap you in the mouth. Well known fact Openly hopes chosen to be different for you! Especially whn 'Sales' dictate Double grand children of the same birds... 'bred down via incest.

P.s. dogs, ... well All results spemmed down from incess breeding - humans including have very weak and declinging faults. fact... So I know 'Lets breed these faults out by ... inbreeding'!

Play with fire and you get your finger burnt.

Incess - ONCE - for blood. Out crossed for racing is as far as one should tempt!

So all the solway federations ybs are inbred and that's why they won't leave the transporter.... Nothing to do with being liberated in the most densely populated area for raptors in the UK

We’ve had the exact same, disaster with majority of members losing approx 50 percent of their birds from Darlington 115 mls.Hearing the same story up and down the country). Up until going over the hills hardly a young bird lost. On top of 2 day races from the coast with the old birds(which the older guys will say you had to be in on the night from even 500 mls to hopefully win a section prize)with big losses. Its definitely time to consider something different and spend my time up at my static caravan. It will take ALL to try and save the sport, not only the few that are trying!

Sad news about the Solway disaster. Just like any other fed, there are only a few trying to sort the problem the pigeon sport has at the moment. This is even sadder than the losses.

It's getting serious now Derek, the losses are not sustainable with old and young birds. Even diehard fanciers will be leaving the sport if we get many more seasons like this one.

It's getting serious now Derek, the losses are not sustainable with old and young birds. Even diehard fanciers will be leaving the sport if we get many more seasons like this one.

Yes Brian, its horrendous and I have been saying for years that the problem had to be promptly addressed. I do now believe the game is finished, not because of BOP but because of the yellow streak running through the 99% of fanciers. Believe me, we could be back to the good old days of breeding 18 ybs but instead we choose to feed BOP year in year out, growing their family for them. We are not pigeon fanciers, we are hawk feeders.

Yes Brian, its horrendous and I have been saying for years that the problem had to be promptly addressed. I do now believe the game is finished, not because of BOP but because of the yellow streak running through the 99% of fanciers. Believe me, we could be back to the good old days of breeding 18 ybs but instead we choose to feed BOP year in year out, growing their family for them. We are not pigeon fanciers, we are hawk feeders.

Sad but very true

Losses are shocking now I know we all say it's getting worse but its seriously getting worse now drastic action needs to happen.... I think Yb racing needs to start earlier...its too perilous with both percy and babies out the nest

But to echo what Del says and not to be defeatist I think its over

When the mighty Lanarkshire fed last tried to fly the west coast route they never completed the program switched back across to the middle route or they would of had none left emergency meeting called mid season to change back saw the light hallelujah nobody saying it’s gonna be great good racing Is now a thing of the past but being the only fed in Scotland racing that way they take all the front running week after week Cumbrian feds always liberating after us each week clearing the way for them

When the mighty Lanarkshire fed last tried to fly the west coast route they never completed the program switched back across to the middle route or they would of had none left emergency meeting called mid season to change back saw the light hallelujah nobody saying it’s gonna be great good racing Is now a thing of the past but being the only fed in Scotland racing that way they take all the front running week after week Cumbrian feds always liberating after us each week clearing the way for them

So you obviously didn't read my post. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

:emoticon-0179-headbang:

Very sad... Even sadder that some in Ayrshire are hell bent in going that way in future

Aye and am one of them, Ayrshire got slaughtered yesterday from east to west or hadnt you noticed.no difference what way you go now so why not our natural route.

Aye and am one of them, Ayrshire got slaughtered yesterday from east to west or hadnt you noticed.no difference what way you go now so why not our natural route.

Bad weather was reason for our race yesterday we all know that

what happened at Blaydon OB this year?

Otterburn 2 seasons ago?

Stubbs camp 3 Seasons ago?

the list is endless of bad returns from the east, sure we would get some bad from the west too but your doos would be on a natural line

what happened at Blaydon OB this year?

Otterburn 2 seasons ago?

Stubbs camp 3 Seasons ago?

the list is endless of bad returns from the east, sure we would get some bad from the west too but your doos would be on a natural line

Blaydon was good race far as I know...

I'd love to be able to race down the west route but IMO it's out of the frying pan into the fire.

I do however believe you'll get your wish next season and that west programme will be voted in... We will just need to make sure we've a hall booked for an emergency meeting to change the programme after couple races

ame='bibendium' date='16 August 2021 - 19:24 PM' timestamp='1629141871' post='1265912']

Blaydon was good race far as I know...

I'd love to be able to race down the west route but IMO it's out of the frying pan into the fire.

I do however believe you'll get your wish next season and that west programme will be voted in... We will just need to make sure we've a hall booked for an emergency meeting to change the programme after couple races

Blaydon was a stinker!

and the proposal should be set in stone for three years .jmo

50 years ago gamekeepers and land owners kept raptors at bay by shooting them destroying nests and poisoning them, and a blinking good job they did of it. The RSPB then became the so called savour of Song Birds by having Parliament create it an offence to disturb nests and with the RSPB being a charity and clever advertising now spend more cash protecting raptors at the expense of Song Birds.

We as Pigeon Fanciers have the ball in our court, ONLY if we accept 100 year old practices require changing..

We have it in our power to kill off the raptors rearing more young simply by denying them the food required to rear them, You might say "HOW".

Well,, All we have to do is start changing our race programme from Summer to Winter, We could have any age racing from November till March and leave the poor raptors with nothing to feed their babies nor learn them how to hunt when there is no prey being supplied for them.

Too cold in those months say's you ! Well,, My colony go out every day in those months and will disappear ranging for between 1-2 Hours regardless of weather unless it is snowing, Shorter daylight hours only requires racing a program taking daylight into the equation.

50 years ago gamekeepers and land owners kept raptors at bay by shooting them destroying nests and poisoning them, and a blinking good job they did of it. The RSPB then became the so called savour of Song Birds by having Parliament create it an offence to disturb nests and with the RSPB being a charity and clever advertising now spend more cash protecting raptors at the expense of Song Birds.

We as Pigeon Fanciers have the ball in our court, ONLY if we accept 100 year old practices require changing..

We have it in our power to kill off the raptors rearing more young simply by denying them the food required to rear them, You might say "HOW".

Well,, All we have to do is start changing our race programme from Summer to Winter, We could have any age racing from November till March and leave the poor raptors with nothing to feed their babies nor learn them how to hunt when there is no prey being supplied for them.

Too cold in those months say's you ! Well,, My colony go out every day in those months and will disappear ranging for between 1-2 Hours regardless of weather unless it is snowing, Shorter daylight hours only requires racing a program taking daylight into the equation.

peter I thot you had disappeared like the young birds :emoticon-0136-giggle:

So all the solway federations ybs are inbred and that's why they won't leave the transporter.... Nothing to do with being liberated in the most densely populated area for raptors in the UK

There was a time, when that scenario wouldn't even be a thought eh!

Inbreds via inbreds... an out cross and then more imbreeding. Face facts. Advertised pigeon enhance galore the inbredm But then why would they lie? When it makes them a good living and profits.

Yes agreed much falsehoods are spouted to entice. Gullibles buy etc. But the very fact that they advertise Inbreds speaks volumes eh!

JCN an apt poen by Donna.

The past is the past for a reason.

That is where it is supposed to stay,

But some cannot let it go.

In their heads it eats away

Until all their focus becomes

The person they used to be,

The mistakes they made in their life.

Oh, if only they could see

That you cannot change what happened,

No matter how hard you try,

No matter how much you think about it,

No matter how much you cry.

What happens in your lifetime

Happens for reasons unknown,

So you have to let the cards unfold.

Let your story be shown.

Don't get wrapped up in the negative.

Be happy with what you have been given.

Live for today not tomorrow.

Get up, get out, and start living,

Because the past is the past for a reason.

It's been, and now it is gone,

So stop trying to think of ways to fix it.

It's done, it's unchangeable; move on.

Inbreeding has a lot to answer for .... but the damage is done.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/changing-the-past

Edited by Roland

JCN an apt poen by Donna.

The past is the past for a reason.

That is where it is supposed to stay,

But some cannot let it go.

In their heads it eats away

Until all their focus becomes

The person they used to be,

The mistakes they made in their life.

Oh, if only they could see

That you cannot change what happened,

No matter how hard you try,

No matter how much you think about it,

No matter how much you cry.

What happens in your lifetime

Happens for reasons unknown,

So you have to let the cards unfold.

Let your story be shown.

Don't get wrapped up in the negative.

Be happy with what you have been given.

Live for today not tomorrow.

Get up, get out, and start living,

Because the past is the past for a reason.

It's been, and now it is gone,

So stop trying to think of ways to fix it.

It's done, it's unchangeable; move on.

Inbreeding has a lot to answer for .... but the damage is done.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/changing-the-past

Cheers for that I'll sleep much better tonight