Sundays Liberations

andy Burgess

They will be ok

Probably 20 miles between Lauder and Coldstream

That, of course makes the assumption that the Ayrshire birds cleared immediately in the right direction.

It only takes one peregrine to upset that assumption.

not that close , good 1/2 an hour apart .

Not at the school I attended. I suppose you were simply looking for an argument

That, of course makes the assumption that the Ayrshire birds cleared immediately in the right direction.

It only takes one peregrine to upset that assumption.

Not at the school I attended. I suppose you were simply looking for an argument

not at all Robert , please look at it again .

There piling in fantastic race just about all home inside 30 mins

Big losses again in Ayrshire , dont let one individual loft performance cloud judgement on this, I too have 100% but fellow clubmates have average 50% others have up to 20 birds missing from 28

Other Ayrshire clubs have similar returns .to my club

Big losses again in Ayrshire , dont let one individual loft performance cloud judgement on this, I too have 100% but fellow clubmates have average 50% others have up to 20 birds missing from 28

The only reason for these losses are pigeons not fit for purpose, pigeons not trained properly, fanciers not fit for purpose or airborne hazards.

There have always been pigeons not fit for purpose, pigeons not trained properly and fanciers not fit for purpose. We didn't have these same losses.

There has always been airborne hazards, so what is the difference? There were not always wind turbines and 4 / 5G masts. There were not always the concentration of BOP. Wind turbines and 4 / 5G masts are outwith our control. The concentration of BOP is also legally out of our control.

What are we able to control? Nature rules within the natural world, so how are we able to defeat nature in this respect? Wildlife owes its success to the proliferation of food when its young require it. We cannot stop human interference placing these killers within our towns, albeit we may have a slight effect if we are able to lobby enough. We have to look at nature's food chain. We race our YB's when the BOP are training their YB's to hunt, kill and learn to survive. We are party to their success. We have control over this.

The majority don't want a blanket stop to YB racing, so let us alter our breeding programmes to suit a different YB race programme. Global warming is having an effect on weather and it is now possible to train and race during the winter. Let us look at YB race programmes during October / November. Short races to give experience due to the shortened daylight. Let us stop breeding loads of pigeons to feed the BOP and aid their success, but let us change when we breed, to ensure that their food supply will not be enhanced by our young pigeons.

There may very well be other reasons for these losses, but the few I've listed are the first to come to mind. :)

Think the guys with good returns massively out number the ones with bad returns Charlie.

Lauder must be the best starting race point Ayrshire has had for years... Always helps when we've a cracking pair of guys controlling and covoying/driving right enough