Disaster

jake12

I tossed 64 Young birds from Winchburgh at 14:20pm. One bird two hours later, and still coming 5 hours later. I`m up to 24 now and most showing signs of being in the trees/bushes.Hopefully will get some more before dark. Every one has come from the West. All are wearing telephone numbered rings. :crying:

Finding training young birds this season is absolutely brutal. Not that I’ve lost very many started with 66 and have 61 but they are taking over a hour from 10 miles . No idea what the problem is . Does anyone else have similar experiences this year ?

Finding training young birds this season is absolutely brutal. Not that I’ve lost very many started with 66 and have 61 but they are taking over a hour from 10 miles . No idea what the problem is . Does anyone else have similar experiences this year ?

So far so good but only a matter of time mate.

I've had a nightmare toss as well - 45 youngsters let loose at 5.15pm yesterday - approx 14 miles (& they had a one hour loft fly beforehand, so, in theory they would come straight home) after 1hr 35 minutes 3 arrived, and over an hour later 17 together. 18 missing at nightfall, 9 back so far this morning, 9 still adrift, it was their 4th training toss

I've had a nightmare toss as well - 45 youngsters let loose at 5.15pm yesterday - approx 14 miles (& they had a one hour loft fly beforehand, so, in theory they would come straight home) after 1hr 35 minutes 3 arrived, and over an hour later 17 together. 18 missing at nightfall, 9 back so far this morning, 9 still adrift, it was their 4th training toss

I`ve had 15 back so far today, going by the ruffled feathers on some of them it certainly looks like they`ve been in the trees. It was their 4th toss as well and they had been ranging well for 3 or 4 weeks. I hope you get the rest of your birds back. With regards to Doomaloom`s comment I think he`s got a good point. :emoticon-0167-beer:

Sorry to hear that Andy, The poor little beggars are running the gauntlet daily, where will it end.

i and the birds were full of confidence Bill . will have to wait a few days before even thinking about the next trainer ?? or maybe revert to no training , just racing ?

i and the birds were full of confidence Bill . will have to wait a few days before even thinking about the next trainer ?? or maybe revert to no training , just racing ?

I think you'r right Andy, if the youngsters are flying well at home don't take the risk of being hit training