Snfc Race Programme 2021

Delboy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hasn't been easy this year between covid brexit, bird flu etc... Hopefully next year things go to plan...maybe the federations will get together and take us to the coast and the national organisations will scrap the inland nationals in May.. More chance of Scotland winning the euros 😂

There is NO GOLD CUP RACE this year. Guernsey is the nominated racepoint to count towards Gold/Silver awards. Other than that the race will be no more than any other race. The usual trophies will not be presented to the race winners it will be one off trophies for the fanciers who win. On that basis a don’t see what odds it makes when it is. Personally I woulda stuck to the traditional date for the GC but I won’t lose sleep over it.

There is NO GOLD CUP RACE this year. Guernsey is the nominated racepoint to count towards Gold/Silver awards. Other than that the race will be no more than any other race. The usual trophies will not be presented to the race winners it will be one off trophies for the fanciers who win. On that basis a don’t see what odds it makes when it is. Personally I woulda stuck to the traditional date for the GC but I won’t lose sleep over it.

No racing from Guernsey before 1st July according to the RPRA so having the race on the traditional date would have been impossible.

Eastbourne.....let's hope its no the farce it's been in the past.

Fear there could be a birdage cap for Guernsey...apparently jst the one transporter tht can carry 2k pigeons has been booked on....with it being the only channel race we will get more than that I think...may be booking another lorry I suppose

Edited by geordie1234

Fear there could be a birdage cap for Guernsey...apparently jst the one transporter tht can carry 2k pigeons has been booked on....with it being the only channel race we will get more than that I think...may be booking another lorry I suppose

Fanciers will have to tell the SNFC how many they intend to send to let them decide if any limits are needed.

How many members do you think will anticipate.Hypothetically if we take average birdage over the last 3 years at Ypres distance ,say around 325 members and all going well in the remaining inland races it could well be (average )

6 bird Limit.

It’s just a thought and hopefully we do get a Guernsey race … but

In the past few weeks Guernsey has been slightly changing rules of entry . At present July 1st is only open to the fully vaccinated.

Guernsey is in control of its own borders . While 1st July is the nominal date of free travel from U.K. yesterdays announcement from the U.K. Government to postpone lifting of lockdown by 4 weeks may signal an extension of Guernsey planned dates . (As the U.K. lifting date was very much part of the date proposed by Guernsey i.e it was deliberately set to be after U.K. Lockdown end ). Let’s hope not.

The Civil Contingencies Authority in Guernsey have expressed concern re the recent delta variant but have previously stated their vaccination program is going well and should not change . So let’s hope there is no change .

As of today Guernsey is reviewing July 1st date (see link)

https://covid19.gov.gg/node/778

That doesn’t look positive to me Glen. The Snfc MUST inform their membership before Thursday if they will be flying from Guernsey or not. If another coast race is put in place, it should stand for awards ( silver , gold ) as it did when the programme was changed in the 80 s.Fanciers are sending their distance pigeons all year expecting a chance of a channel race and this should be taken into consideration.

1623737233[/url]' post='1260110']

How many members do you think will anticipate.Hypothetically if we take average birdage over the last 3 years at Ypres distance ,say around 325 members and all going well in the remaining inland races it could well be (average )

6 bird Limit.

No federation birds should be convoyed for this race

No federation birds should be convoyed for this race

They shouldnt be at any national race John, A federation pigeon with a higher velocity than the national winner would take the shine off your victory

15 June 2021

There has been no change in the situation with France so we will no longer pursue continental racing for this season. The committee held a meeting on Sunday and have agreed the following revised race programme due to unavailability of some liberation sites. We apologise for the delay in posting this information but were awaiting confirmation from RPRA that sites were available -racepoint for 2nd July will be updated as soon as information is available.Saturday 19th June - Maidstone - Marking Thursday 17th June ,Friday 25th June - Eastbourne - Marking Wednesday 23rd June ,Friday 2nd July - TO BE CONFIRMED - Marking Wednesday 30th June,Friday 9th July - Guernsey - Marking Tuesday 6th July