Hows It Going ?

andy Burgess

Race team had 6 miles Friday and Saturday and will have another 3/4 10 mile chucks this coming week before I allow myself a day off Sunday for a trip down south to visit two classic winners looking forward to that...before a couple 30 milers in the lead up to what will hopefully be the first race the following weekend.

Best of luck to everyone this season

i am sure most will be on the ball . i only yesterday weaned my first 6 youngsters . today saw 14 old birds have a first toss of the year . only out to "around" 6 1/2 miles . 13 came together , mile a minute , all good. 1 hen came late , slight injury .

Good to get a decent toss into them at the weekend. 30 odd mile from Faslane. I went from there with a few last year and it turned out OK do the whole team went on Saturday. Most were home before me andcs 2nd batch dropped in not long after. Only a few late comers so happy enough with that. I will try and get another couple in this week if I can.

First toss yesterday 34 up 26 home some never been away before 15 mile i gave them expected to have some late or missing I cant get exercised at my own back door for hawk attacks 3 doos killed 3/4 saved by me or the dog I am ,bluddy fed up of it so the only time they are going to be out is when i take them for a toss ,the hawks are as desperate they have flown in the porch door after doo and we have been standing there watching birds when they are out.

Took mine for a short toss Friday(10mls).Treated it as a race day,cocks in the bowls and then let the hens in for a couple of minutes then all in the basket.I left them together overnight and split them after a bath.I'll do the same next week as it's hopefully 2 weeks until the first race.I left them together as my hens pair up to each other if they don't see much of the cocks.

Had my cocks to Kinnerton Hill about 6 mls East of me tossed them at 5 pm Saturday afternoon,, got 5 at 6.30. Got 2 more 7.45 3sun morning, still 3 missing, pleasure of racing in the Scottish Borders.

2nd toss today for me , at 10 miles Colin . sent 13 keeping yesterdays late hen at home . 11 back in 10 minutes , another 1 took an hour . still 1 missing ? few days rest now , hope to get a few more 10 milers in at close of week .

Terrible in Whitburn just now 3 missing in 3 days flying round loft peregrine must be going along m8 doesn't help that I'm on crutches for a week or so can't drive that's 6 in total in 3 weeks at this rate I'll have none left by middle of May 🥲

been 3 ten milers put up in lots of ten 3missing 3 injured the bird flu never killed enough of these cants

Terrible in Whitburn just now 3 missing in 3 days flying round loft peregrine must be going along m8 doesn't help that I'm on crutches for a week or so can't drive that's 6 in total in 3 weeks at this rate I'll have none left by middle of May 🥲

certainly hard when losing them at home too . get well soon Dale .

been 3 ten milers put up in lots of ten 3missing 3 injured the bird flu never killed enough of these cants

1st toss saturdsy just short off abington 1st time in years 32 lib 1 home ripped an 6 missing all yrlg raced to hexham last year.

I've got a few birds that are so traumatized they won't loft fly now just hiding in a tree when let out

Same here Tommy it's doing my head in,the buzzards moved the crows from the Reukery a few years ago and have no warning now as to an attack,I have a few birds who sit and watch you from the trees,I will sort it though!! :partick-thistle-Crest:;)

Same here Tommy it's doing my head in,the buzzards moved the crows from the Reukery a few years ago and have no warning now as to an attack,I have a few birds who sit and watch you from the trees,I will sort it though!! :partick-thistle-Crest:;)

thats the way john .

I've got a few birds that are so traumatized they won't loft fly now just hiding in a tree when let out

A seen them saturdy getting turned tommy an they all headed south first ones was 1hr 20 min

2nd toss today for me , at 10 miles Colin . sent 13 keeping yesterdays late hen at home . 11 back in 10 minutes , another 1 took an hour . still 1 missing ? few days rest now , hope to get a few more 10 milers in at close of week .

the missing hen got back at 6.30 pm . she is a 2 year old that was "broken" here last year . from the release time of 4.10 i am guessing she may have returned to the old address ???? no injuries tho . so not ideal , but still here .

No hawks up there I’ve been told. Ever time I go there or further on I get hammered. I seen it pinning 1 last time I was there.

1st time i have been down that way for years .been going east on m8 but thats the same .think a will let danny train mine out eurocentral lol

Three tosses from the south end of the Island (10) miles ,tomorrow I'll single them up.

Wednesday my wife has an appointment at the hairdressers in Greenock so I've kindly said I would drop her off and take the birds for their first mainland toss!

Maybe Kilmacolmn ,only half of them (12) they're still feeding.

Our first trip to the mainland in a long time and I know it will end in tears ,not because of the pigeons,iit'll be the hairdressers!

Onwards and upwards!!