Hows It Going ?

andy Burgess

I took the 9 spare hens to Abington today let them up at 1pm then i walked to Redmoss cafe with the dug and back 2 Abington 2 hrs 30 mins got back to the loft at 4pm 2/9 expletive remove

I left the loft the back of 6 to 5/9

I took the 9 spare hens to Abington today let them up at 1pm then i walked to Redmoss cafe with the dug and back 2 Abington 2 hrs 30 mins got back to the loft at 4pm 2/9 expletive remove

I left the loft the back of 6 to 5/9

hope the others turn in for you Alan .

Had the cocks 7 times to 15 mile as the crow flies hens 6 times ,didn't go for a few days as the wind is cold from the East and I don't want them in to many east winds

Doing it in 16/17 mins I have one cock injured reluctant to fly but no sign of injury so I guess he clipped his wing flying low in the eat winds

Cocks flying 50/60 mins hens do 75 mins and I have to call them down or they would go on

Ybs starting to go out a few taking to the sky so far so good

We start racing on the 8th may

Three tosses from the south end of the Island (10) miles ,tomorrow I'll single them up.

Wednesday my wife has an appointment at the hairdressers in Greenock so I've kindly said I would drop her off and take the birds for their first mainland toss!

Maybe Kilmacolmn ,only half of them (12) they're still feeding.

Our first trip to the mainland in a long time and I know it will end in tears ,not because of the pigeons,iit'll be the hairdressers!

Onwards and upwards!!

I never really thought about fanciers keeping racing pigeons on a island

Do you have other fanciers would your nearest club be on the mainland ,it's interesting to see how you go about things that I would take for granted just like training

2nd toss today for me , at 10 miles Colin . sent 13 keeping yesterdays late hen at home . 11 back in 10 minutes , another 1 took an hour . still 1 missing ? few days rest now , hope to get a few more 10 milers in at close of week .

managed a 3rd 10 mile toss today (been so busy) . sent all 13 , only 12 made it home ??

We've trained ours out to 30 miles or so - had approx 12 training tosses, 2 latebreds amongst them, 3 injured so far ( 2 hawked and 1 hit wires) and 2 missing presumed dead, latebreds seem to have a look around for hours at a new training point then directly home on 2nd one from same spot, Easingwold tosses were horrendous, Scarborough not so bad, first race this Saturday is from Worksop (88 miles) so need to get more distance to training

There's two racing lofts on The Isle of Bute and this will be our first year of proper racing. We will be flying in the Greenock club (Glasgow Fed)

It's about 40 minutes on the ferry and then another 30 to the club---so it's not too far,

I don't expect either of us will attempt many races this season and certainly don't expect to win anything! The pleasure will hopefully be seeing the birds come home no matter how long they take

The Fed is arranging training flights from Thursday so that's a real bonus. The toss from Kilmacolmn went well (10) on the day 1next morning and the last one two days later.

Oh and my wife is delighted with her hairdoo---so life is once again worth living!!

There's two racing lofts on The Isle of Bute and this will be our first year of proper racing. We will be flying in the Greenock club (Glasgow Fed)

It's about 40 minutes on the ferry and then another 30 to the club---so it's not too far,

I don't expect either of us will attempt many races this season and certainly don't expect to win anything! The pleasure will hopefully be seeing the birds come home no matter how long they take

The Fed is arranging training flights from Thursday so that's a real bonus. The toss from Kilmacolmn went well (10) on the day 1next morning and the last one two days later.

Oh and my wife is delighted with her hairdoo---so life is once again worth living!!

Thats great to see Greenock has got a couple of new members. Its a strong wee club and the boys do well down there. All the best for the season.

That's really interesting

Not a easy task I wish you all the best , be great to see how the season goes for you

sent the 13 "crew" today , a little further to around 15 - 18 mile mark . fourth toss so far . 1st hen took half an hour ? and came alone ? Then after another 10 minutes a group of 4 . then in ones until number 12 arrived 7.45 pm from a 5.45 release . the only 1 missing is a blue pied "only pied amongst them" . i think we can all guess whats happened , cant we :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Had 6 trainers for my late breds/ spare yearlings started with 23 two ripped up at home by Sparra hen now down to 16 will have a 20 mile trainer tomorrow then into first race , my main team will go straight to 2nd race as cocks fly regularly for 1to 1 1/2 hours hens can fly upto 2 hours which is a pain but they just won't come down .think it is going to be tough this year .

sent the 13 "crew" today , a little further to around 15 - 18 mile mark . fourth toss so far . 1st hen took half an hour ? and came alone ? Then after another 10 minutes a group of 4 . then in ones until number 12 arrived 7.45 pm from a 5.45 release . the only 1 missing is a blue pied "only pied amongst them" . i think we can all guess whats happened , cant we :emoticon-0179-headbang:

blimey , hes home . arrived after 2pm this afternoon has only 3 tail feathers ,,, so a very lucky escape .