Fraserburgh West End

Guys thought I would post it on here instead of phoning around. It looks like we will start racing on the 1st weekend in May. This is providing we get the all clear from DEFRA. I will phone all our club members over the next week or so.You are also allowed to start training if you want to.

Great stuff cheers Robbie .

To all members,

As I’m sure most of you will have heard the latest news regarding the easing of travel restrictions within Scotland from Friday 16th April. This means that training can now take place out with our own council areas, although training can only be carried out with birds from the same loft (as the bird gathering licence has not yet been granted by DEFRA.)

DEFRA have stated that the earliest they would consider granting the licence would be Friday April 30th, therefore it is our intention to start racing on Saturday May 1st if the licence is granted in time for clubs to race mark on Friday 30th April. We would presume if the licence is granted on the 30th that it would take effect from 00.01hrs enabling race marking on Friday. We also can mark On Saturday May 1st for a race on Sunday if need be.

We will update you all as and when we receive any further information from DEFRA or the SHU.

Happy training.

This is the email i got sent.

To all members,

As I’m sure most of you will have heard the latest news regarding the easing of travel restrictions within Scotland from Friday 16th April. This means that training can now take place out with our own council areas, although training can only be carried out with birds from the same loft (as the bird gathering licence has not yet been granted by DEFRA.)

DEFRA have stated that the earliest they would consider granting the licence would be Friday April 30th, therefore it is our intention to start racing on Saturday May 1st if the licence is granted in time for clubs to race mark on Friday 30th April. We would presume if the licence is granted on the 30th that it would take effect from 00.01hrs enabling race marking on Friday. We also can mark On Saturday May 1st for a race on Sunday if need be.

We will update you all as and when we receive any further information from DEFRA or the SHU.

Happy training.

This is the email i gotsent.

ok gogs

Guys thought I would post it on here instead of phoning around. It looks like we will start racing on the 1st weekend in May. This is providing we get the all clear from DEFRA. I will phone all our club members over the next week or so.You are also allowed to start training if you want to.

Based on a continued downward trajectory in wild bird positive AI findings in GB, and on the findings of two recent risk assesments, low risk bird gatherings are to be permitted from noon on Wednesday 21 April.

This includes markets, shows, sales exhibitions of pigeons, budgerigars, canaries, parrots, cockatiels and birds of prey.

Some low risk pigeon racing is also permitted.

Gatherings of ducks, geese,chickens,turkeys or game birds whether kept commercially as poultry, as kept as pets or for other purposes remain banned.

For a full list of what is permitted visit www.gov.scot/avianinfluenza Bird Gatherings It should be noted that the licensee must notify Inverness Animal and Plant Health Agency (AHHA) on 03000 600709 (irrespective of where the gathering is being held in Scotland) at least 7 calander days prior to the event.

Ir should also be noted that, despite this change, the Scotland-wide AIPZ remains in force, and good biosecurity is still absolutely vital as the risk of Avian influenza remains present.

Nae worries Steve just waiting on confirmation from the fed as to when we will start racing. All quiet up to now.

Got a email from the Fed confirming that racing will start next Saturday. If any one is unsure where our new club house is either phone myself Andy or Robert Barclay

Got a email from the Fed confirming that racing will start next Saturday. If any one is unsure where our new club house is either phone myself Andy or Robert Barclay

Guys we will start basketing at 4.45 for a 6.45 pick up remember we are now at Gowanhill.