Gps

grizzle09

If you get stck for a GPS

The RPRA accept Google earth coordinates and adjust as required .Not sure if the SU do though ?

Download Google earth,zoom in to you loft ( Secretary or club official )

Mark with yellow marker,Lat and Long will show in box.Save as JPEG NOT PNG.(Smaller file)

See photo.

https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earth/

https://www.rpra.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Google-Earth-Procedure.pdf

Hope this helps Lee

post-3092-16184036393696_thumb.jpg

If you get stck for a GPS

The RPRA accept Google earth coordinates and adjust as required .Not sure if the SU do though ?

Download Google earth,zoom in to you loft ( Secretary or club official )

Mark with yellow marker,Lat and Long will show in box.Save as JPEG NOT PNG.(Smaller file)

See photo.

https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earth/

https://www.rpra.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Google-Earth-Procedure.pdf

Hope this helps Lee

Lindsay, the SHU don't accept this. It has to be done with a SHU calibrated Benzing Club System. :)

Who has one as shu system been sent to dougie ball I've only one member to do that's move house a y help be appreciated thanks can pick up drop it right back

I have yet to receive the damaged system. An amount of system sensors are broken, battery connections and batteries that have gone missing ,in fact all the small batteries are now missing. I have just repaired a set of battery connections yesterday. The SHU will have to purchase more sensors as we have no spare sensors in stock due to the amount that have been damaged. Please if you collect and use a system look after it .

I have yet to receive the damaged system. An amount of system sensors are broken, battery connections and batteries that have gone missing ,in fact all the small batteries are now missing. I have just repaired a set of battery connections yesterday. The SHU will have to purchase more sensors as we have no spare sensors in stock due to the amount that have been damaged. Please if you collect and use a system look after it .

how old are these systems dougie ? and do we need tae order the sensors from a certain vendor? batteries can be ordered online. need to put a logout book in place so you need tae sign for it so they can be held responsible for loss or damage

how old are these systems dougie ? and do we need tae order the sensors from a certain vendor? batteries can be ordered online. need to put a logout book in place so you need tae sign for it so they can be held responsible for loss or damage

Tommy, You are right about the log book. Some fanciers who collect the systems appear to then just pass the system to someone else and before you know it no one takes responsibility when the system is damaged or they hold on to the system until we try to track it down. The log book would make the first person responsible.

travelled down to s.h.u office last friday , as i had pre booked, was told last person who had it said they could not get it working however i brought the g p s back to harthill but could not get any joy from it Phoned s h u and informed them that it was not getting any signals Later that day was told one was coming up from the borders and had to contact david gullane asked my president if he could do this still have had no word on other system from my president so i still have the broken g p s system in my house

neil redmond

secretary fauldhouse h.c

Repaired sensor on the Forfar gps today now working as it should,have promised it back to David Liddell next weekend,going to Buckie club now then onto Inverness,so need it back quickly

I still dont know why this was railroaded through at the SHU meeting, Clubs should be able to purchase their own ones, ie Garmin, the bull that was spouted about Benzing using 10 or more satellites when a GPS uses only three and the base being used to triangulate the position, the members at that meeting were duped, as they were,nt clued up on what was being said to them. And being only an observer at the meeting you are not allowed to say anything.

there dosent seem to be tabs kept on them there was 16 sets of benzing club bases which gps works off as far as i know handed into shu but a struggle to get one

and nationals dont have any base stations whos got them ?

I do not know where you receive your information from. The SHU received 5 systems from Jim Savage not 16.The sensors are now costing the SHU over £100 each.

should maybe even consider a deposit as well.