Celibate Cock System

Sota

Hello,

Does anyone here fly their cocks on the celibate system? I used to read an older member's post named Owen that flew his cocks celibate with good results, but sadly I learned he had passed. I am from the USA and any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have a basic system for the hens, but I am open to hearing how others fly their hens celibate.

Thanks,

Sota

flew celibate cocks and hen for a few years it's simple don't breed from them i housed them in separate lofts. you use nestboxes and bowls for motivation some times letting them see each other through a door or putting one in the section in a cage so it cant be treaded by the birds in that section. just mix things up so they dont go stale

Would also be interested in racing celibate cocks and hens, can you send me info Andy

Tommy,s answer is perhaps best suited for you Bluey .

sounds good wouldnt mind reading about it too. Cheers

was just a basic widow hood system Jas , but not forgetting "routine" .

Sounds interesting wouldn't mind a bit more informationon it

the girls should have a copy of "Dave Allen,s widowhood year" . that will help them along .

the old adage " to do the same over and over again , and expect diffrent results " is one of Albert Einsteins sayings that should be bore in mind .

or as Tommy put it " mix it up a bit now and again.

• 1 month later...

I tried on some yearlings flew great at home looked the part but always just behind my widowhood cocks on race day . It may have been that I didn’t pick the right cocks to try it on otr my motivation tricks didn’t work

I think your better off flying pigeons that have been paired and claimed a box they don’t have to have babies none of my racers ever do but I like them

To have sat eggs for 2 weeks for

I've been racing celibate and I've found it pretty good. Keeps things simple, which seems to suit me! I mess around with the perches in the cks section for a bit of motivation. Hens are pretty much just left alone and they do fine.