Faeroes International ?

Delboy

With the likelihood of no continental races in the next year or two I thought what a great chance to have a UK International from the Faeroe Islands.

Distances approx. Wick-271 mls, Inverness-320 mls, Fraserburgh - 335 mls, Aberdeen - 367 mls, Dundee - 400 mls, Edinburgh - 430 mls, Glasgow - 427 mls,

Ayr - 451 mls, Lanark - 443 mls, Dunbar - 435 mls, Berwick - 458 mls, Annan - 494 mls, Scarborough 576 mls, York - 587 mls, Blackpool - 575 mls, Doncaster - 615 mls, Leicester - 673 mls, London - 761 mls, Bristol - 739 mls, Southampton - 786 mls, Hastings - 812 mls.

Food for thought !!!!

With the likelihood of no continental races in the next year or two I thought what a great chance to have a UK International from the Faeroe Islands.

Distances approx. Wick-271 mls, Inverness-320 mls, Fraserburgh - 335 mls, Aberdeen - 367 mls, Dundee - 400 mls, Edinburgh - 430 mls, Glasgow - 427 mls,

Ayr - 451 mls, Lanark - 443 mls, Dunbar - 435 mls, Berwick - 458 mls, Annan - 494 mls, Scarborough 576 mls, York - 587 mls, Blackpool - 575 mls, Doncaster - 615 mls, Leicester - 673 mls, London - 761 mls, Bristol - 739 mls, Southampton - 786 mls, Hastings - 812 mls.

Food for thought !!!!

How would they get them there Derek ??

Its just a wee discussion about options we have got. Chris has offered tae get his boat out for the cause lol

20+ years of fishing the North Sea & North Atlantic was enuff for me been awa from it near 14 years so this is one dude that wont be setting sail !!!

Not far enuf for me del iv 3 cracking cocks I wanted to go to Troyes but will be Maidstone again just over 400 they just warming up at that distance

235 mls of water where they cant hide fae the wind and then downhill into Dunfermline lol. One of these 3 cocks having 1st International sounds appealing , eh?

The BBC club is open to All UK,going to Fraserburgh and Thurso,might be an idea for some of you guys?

Food for thought .

I believe two ferries go there, if I recall right. Aberdeen and Banff or near to the Faroes. Mind been 20 years since I/w last sent. Was a good races. Stay away from the Longest Day. June 22nd. Go in July. Far better weather ... for Lerwick and co June has fog etc. in no time from fine to real bad fog.

One reaon many stopped going Lerwick. The East coast club - NRCC- would channge saying the stupidity of 30 minutes longer light was much needed.

Rubbish and lies of the highest calibre.

We timed in just after 12 - 3 O'clock inJuly from Lerwick. Smashes and hold overs in June. Velocities not good. But then. per usual these so called 'DO GOODERs' protect their own nests and cornes ultimately. Their wants supeceeding logic and fairness to others / grass roots'! DON'T gpJune, wait TLL JULY.

I believe it was done by certain members like BARRY aNDREWS AD CHOSEN HELPERS LIKE YOU. These races were always far far better than those organised by concerns more inteest in own interests. Sda to say true.

I believe two ferries go there, if I recall right. Aberdeen and Banff or near to the Faroes. Mind been 20 years since I/w last sent. Was a good races. Stay away from the Longest Day. June 22nd. Go in July. Far better weather ... for Lerwick and co June has fog etc. in no time from fine to real bad fog.

One reaon many stopped going Lerwick. The East coast club - NRCC- would channge saying the stupidity of 30 minutes longer light was much needed.

Rubbish and lies of the highest calibre.

We timed in just after 12 - 3 O'clock inJuly from Lerwick. Smashes and hold overs in June. Velocities not good. But then. per usual these so called 'DO GOODERs' protect their own nests and cornes ultimately. Their wants supeceeding logic and fairness to others / grass roots'! DON'T gpJune, wait TLL JULY.

I believe it was done by certain members like BARRY aNDREWS AD CHOSEN HELPERS LIKE YOU. These races were always far far better than those organised by concerns more inteest in own interests. Sda to say true.

Good advice and info Roland, thanks. It seems the English are more interested in the possibility of this race than the Scottish, this is according to posts on Facebook .Strange but true.

Also, DON'T release on beech or near the beach! Many won't cross. They need a little run at the water to cross it etc.

Remember a Queens Dunkirk event.

Our fed were cock a hoop in sending.

Asked if I was sending, I started simple 'No'!

'Why'? was asked. I said and explained the release was being on the beech'... That it would be a bad day and many losses. Indeed empty perches at night. Birds return - hopefully - a few days later. I was smirked behind my back, I believe.

The race was a disaster. Worse than I even said.

I had lots of knowing looks, but few said to me that I was right' They need to see the water when in flight to cross.

For channel racing, the club and I had no option, would give the birds many libs on this site, aside from the water.

Found that our club and fed results went well up in returns and velocities. Did them a world of good.