Unikon Ets Rings

john cumming

Lads n lasses

Went to order 50 ETS rings because if you order less than 50 i was informed would cost £1.56 each, so ordered 50 at a cost of £1.50 each, just before i paid for them i was informed by the UNIKON employee that i would be £21.50 for carriage set by the courier they use because my area now is classed as highlands & Islands, im on the morayshire aberdeenshire border with an AB post code, Aberdeenshire, they can stick there rings where the sun doesnt shine, didnt order,

I would rather go without, total rip off,

John

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads n lasses

Went to order 50 ETS rings because if you order less than 50 i was informed would cost £1.56 each, so ordered 50 at a cost of £1.50 each, just before i paid for them i was informed by the UNIKON employee that i would be £21.50 for carriage set by the courier they use because my area now is classed as highlands & Islands, im on the morayshire aberdeenshire border with an AB post code, Aberdeenshire, they can stick there rings where the sun doesnt shine, didnt order,

John

Just order from shu just a registered letter.

Lads n lasses

John

well said john usual bias towards us up here when ordering stuff.*expletive removed* them

We used to all order via the Club/Fed Sec at one time. Of course was then a lot less per ring that way.

Tell them you will be happy to accept the rings being sent by Royal Mail for £2 21p.

Roland

Exactly what i said but her attitude was didn't give a monkies, didnt bargin on me canceling n told her that this would cost Unikon a lot of cancelations of orders with the courier prices,

John

Well said and done John. You could drive drive down and save a lot of money. Indeed fetch others etc.' It is simply another case of member whom buy squaring up and having a say and pointing a point across... But the vast majority just shrug shoulders and spout 'It is what it is' so it not only goes on, but increases and more skulduggery becomes a norm. Time now for the 'Voted in' to stand up and be counted for once, instead of sitting on their back side with smug expressions of 'Self important ... and often perk within the 'Old brigade eh!

Lets face it. let's be honest here for once 'JUST WHAT DO THEY DO FOR THE GRASS ROOT MEMBERSHOP'!

Yeah save that stamp and write on the back of it JUST WHAT!

Edited by Roland

Aye they have us all by the haw maws John, hi time all rings were universal.

Out of curiosity the guys that use bricon taurus or otherwise, what do you have to pay for yours ??

Benzing rings £1:55 ,ipigeon 90p John.

The ipigeon clock accepts all makes of rings mate.

Cheers, we should aw just bite the bullet and go way the Ipigeon system

It’ll tell the time the same as the others. Ring savings would soon make up the cost of it. Then the others would reconsider

If yer birds are no worth putting a £1.50 ring on them maybe you shouldnae be racing them?? :animatedpigeons:;)

true! Mind every pound a prisoner for some ... often them that spend a fortune on much unneeded rubbish.

I often get flack when saying a birds comes back without it's ring! Small cost to know it's been in a loft and fed and watered etc. I believe.

I ask you all. 'Would you pay £1 50 to know that'!

Yes! of course, till it happens eh!

true! Mind every pound a prisoner for some ... often them that spend a fortune on much unneeded rubbish.

I often get flack when saying a birds comes back without it's ring! Small cost to know it's been in a loft and fed and watered etc. I believe.

I ask you all. 'Would you pay £1 50 to know that'!

Yes! of course, till it happens eh!

Had it happen to me a few times Roland but it's not the point of losing a £1.50 ring that's the pain in the @rse.

it's nice knowing that the bird has been in somewhere and been looked after, god knows we've helped hundreds on their way ourselves (without stealing the ETS rings ) the pain in the @rse is having to get a new ETS ring assigned to the bird!! All our birds have phone number stickers on their ETS rings so if the person gives us a wee call to let us know the bird's been in to them and they're that hard up then we would gladly post a brand new ETS ring to them which would be a lot less hassle ;)

Had it happen to me a few times Roland but it's not the point of losing a £1.50 ring that's the pain in the @rse.

it's nice knowing that the bird has been in somewhere and been looked after, god knows we've helped hundreds on their way ourselves (without stealing the ETS rings ) the pain in the @rse is having to get a new ETS ring assigned to the bird!! All our birds have phone number stickers on their ETS rings so if the person gives us a wee call to let us know the bird's been in to them and they're that hard up then we would gladly post a brand new ETS ring to them which would be a lot less hassle ;)

I reckon that would be a LOT dearer! First they'd reverse the charges, then spout for yonks lol. :drinking-coffee-200::emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

If yer birds are no worth putting a £1.50 ring on them maybe you shouldnae be racing them?? :animatedpigeons:;)

started using ets 2003 and the rings where if memory serves me right it was £1.20 a ring 18 years later they are £1.45 that's not a rip-off look at the price of say a bag of v/l allround in 2003 think it was £7 its now £13 a bag

Sums that make sense eh tommy boy ... But then it just shows the almighty rip off in 203. Cost to produce just a few pence ... less than 5p each. And forever will be a rip off in real terms, which ever way you weigh it up. Maybe now so many are breeding to lose their birds the 'Rip off' excels every year.

tell you what, many would love to have shares in the making and selling off! eh! J.M.O.

Edited by Roland

The i PIGEON does not accept Unikon rings. I took Unikon rings to the iPIGEON stand at SHU show and they did not work. They may work now. I also took rings I had sent from a company in Taiwan which were really cheap and they did not work either. Unikon, when the SHU first approved their system stated that it accepted any other rings. They later put a block on the system without approval which appears to stop us using cheaper rings. We objected to them but no other Union backed us.