Roye 16.7.21 convoyed with snfc

young birds

Coldstream 1 31.7.21

Coldstream 2 07.8.21

Alnwick 14.8.21

Catterick 21.8.21

rippon 28.8.21

Wakefield 04.9.21

Don't no much about Coldstream guys but I do no for certain their is 5 nest sites from Alnwick upto Dunbar so if we get a wester well the birds are running the gauntlet.....maybe thats why they head out to safety and come in roughly crail again its .Anstruther again its just my personal opinion

Fife has historically had some really bad races from the first race points over the years. Excuses ranging from birds not been trained , hawks, weather, race points,and more. Probably true in a lot of cases ,definitely true in most.

The BOPs are more prevalent now than ever before and I personally have seen as little as 2 hawks turn a liberation of 1500 doos in 3 batches ,and 1 batch headed totally wrong direction at break kneck speed.

It’s impossible to do anything to change that after the doos are libbed. So why not at least try something before liberation.

Fife’s first couple of races are short enough distance to be able to basket on morning of the race , lib around 2/3/4 in afternoon . Maybe some of the BOPs will have been fed ,maybe not .

Another advantage is less stress on the doos first time in transporters and does away with the need for putting in the drinkers . The transporter only has to sit for 30/45 mins after reaching race point.

Will it work ..maybe ,maybe not . Only guarantee is if you change nothing ....nothing changes ..

What is there to lose? ..a couple of Saturday nights at loft instead of the pub etc.

Fife did this many years ago and it was a great success ....was it luck ? Maybe ,but we all need a bit of luck nowadays .

With a smaller fed ,less pick up points nowadays this isn’t hard to try ...and anything is wurth trying to help the doos in my opinion.

Many Fife fanciers currently cannot let their birds fly out from their lofts, due to the current local Bird Flu.

Not easy to prepare birds for racing next monthcrying.gif

I was really meaning more for the young birds Brian , I know it’s not a good situation for the doos at the moment .

In today’s racing flexibility is the name of the game , things will never suit everyone ,but they never have .

If races have to be missed due to weather ,then surely a shorter race can be fitted in as soon as it’s ok to go .

Like you I don’t race anymore but, things ,and the doo men must change .

I was really meaning more for the young birds Brian , I know it’s not a good situation for the doos at the moment .

In today’s racing flexibility is the name of the game , things will never suit everyone ,but they never have .

If races have to be missed due to weather ,then surely a shorter race can be fitted in as soon as it’s ok to go .

Like you I don’t race anymore but, things ,and the doo men must change .

I agree with what your saying big fella.

Mare chance winning the Euro Millions, doos men can even agree on the colour of shete nowadays. :emoticon-0136-giggle: