The Price Of Puppies Now

billt

'Phoned my old pal who owns the pub in the village about a mile from us, celebrating our 59th. wedding anniversary, take-away cod and chips for two, I know how to treat a girl, He delivered and said, sorry I'm late (five minutes} had a 'phone call for puppies he said, had a litter of seven Cavaliers six weeks old so ready to go in a couple of weeks, That's six booked just one left, We were licensed breeders for years here, retired about ten years ago and were selling for £450 Cavaliers, so I said what are they making now, £3000 pound a pup he said, so £21,000 for the litter, I think we retired too soon.

It’s silly prices for dogs now even the pigeons too the £2million one, I bought my Westie 14 years ago she was £450 if I bought her now she would probably be £1000 or over. Since the start of the pandemic dogs are getting popular so that’s why the hike in price, really bonkers.

We lost our Teak in October, a Ridgeback, we are waiting for a new arrival which we hope will come next week. We bit complicated as he is coming from Russia. Its s long story how it came about but he is costing a fraction of the price of a dog from the UK. We've seen them at £3500 here. Just hoping everything goes smoothly with the delivery

My last one was a retired working springer, unfortunately he had to be put to sleep due to having a stroke, yip it happens with animals also, I won't be getting another one, but i did it be from a charity kennel, it would be giving a second chance at minimum cost

We lost our Teak in October, a Ridgeback, we are waiting for a new arrival which we hope will come next week. We bit complicated as he is coming from Russia. Its s long story how it came about but he is costing a fraction of the price of a dog from the UK. We've seen them at £3500 here. Just hoping everything goes smoothly with the delivery

had a ridgeback and a lab when I was a youngster

cracking dogs ,

you wouldn't have to worry to much about the price if you went to a reputable breeder its your choice if you want to fork out thousands for a pup i just sold a litter of choc labs with top pedigrees fully health checked parents and pups vet checked at 6 weeks £1000 each and that's been the price for the past 4 years.

you wouldn't have to worry to much about the price if you went to a reputable breeder its your choice if you want to fork out thousands for a pup i just sold a litter of choc labs with top pedigrees fully health checked parents and pups vet checked at 6 weeks £1000 each and that's been the price for the past 4 years.

That's excellent, Did you have people asking why they are so cheap as that friend of mine with the Cavaliers said he tried selling a litter last year at £2,000 pounds and that's what people were asking him.

was that before lockdown i can remember the pictures it seems to be since first lockdown prices have shot up,

I ve it a litter of KC Reg labs due next week and been told by other breeders I’ve asked that the hike in money is because people were buying pups cheep then selling them on for profit the next day they also asked us not to sell ours for less that £2500 to stop this I’m not sure anybody would pay that kind of money even if they have excellent pedigrees

That's excellent, Did you have people asking why they are so cheap as that friend of mine with the Cavaliers said he tried selling a litter last year at £2,000 pounds and that's what people were asking him.

No just going on about how costly other pups were because of the pandemic the people that bought our pups were on a waiting list for over a year and 3 of them previous buyers

was that before lockdown i can remember the pictures it seems to be since first lockdown prices have shot up,

that was during the Christmas holidays

I ve it a litter of KC Reg labs due next week and been told by other breeders I’ve asked that the hike in money is because people were buying pups cheep then selling them on for profit the next day they also asked us not to sell ours for less that £2500 to stop this I’m not sure anybody would pay that kind of money even if they have excellent pedigrees

you could get £2500 no problem at the moment anyone getting a pup from me has a contract to sign including other things they cant sell the pup on until its a year old at least also no breeding off it as it cant be KC registered until i lift the clause.they can still breed it but cant be reg the pups

Scandal, 2 year back a top class lab pup was £600 today its £2500, the pups are the exact same just the money grabbing fraternity are cashing in on it, the only way to sort it out is to stop paying horrendous prices, the breeders will have to drop the price or be over run, simples

Scandal, 2 year back a top class lab pup was £600 today its £2500, the pups are the exact same just the money grabbing fraternity are cashing in on it, the only way to sort it out is to stop paying horrendous prices, the breeders will have to drop the price or be over run, simples

I paid £700 for a top class *expletive removed* 8 years ago iv'e sold mine for £750 a pup up until 3 years ago then up to £1k next litter will be £1.1k a pup i already have the sire picked he's from Holland.I also have a waiting list of over 30 people.

Pups wasn't the price even 10 year ago, why are they this price for any Dug, makes you wonder who is making the money and raising the price, IMO its ridiculous prices, my friends Dug just had a litter of 6, its a wee Terrier, I said how can you ask for that price, she said that's what they are going for, oop, forgot to say this is a top Terrier.

She said you want one, I said at that price, you can shove it, I will go to the kennels.

Im a terrier man, love the little rascals, but a terrier is nothing without dash ,style, intelligence and above all, quiet steady fearless courage, but most of the dogs I see now are appalling ,if they were fighting a rat , you would have your money on the rat.

It seems dross can be churned out to a stream of buyers and at the end of covid the dog rescue centers will be full of dumped sub standard dogs with all sorts of issues caused by owners who wanted a "FUR BABY" and cared little about the quality or the needs of the animal they purchased,