Stoats And Raptors

DBA421

Definite increase in both. Two male Stoats in loft killed one bird before the problem was solved. Sparrow-hawks are killing a pigeon a day that my wife feeds then the buzzards are attacking the Sparrow-hawks and taking the carcass. Has anyone else have this problem.

since moving here i have been plagued with the above lost dozens of birds . stock birds and former fed toppers all had heads removed leaving most bodies on the floor . with around 30 youngsters flying out , lost the odd 1 in the loft with same results . nightmare gets worse , due to the attacks majority of young would not trap . although after 3 days on a neighbours roof they would home in due to hunger . that happened on 3 occasions . leaving a week to gain there confidence again . however doing a head count after each event 2 or 3 missing each time . clearly taken by hawks .now down to 17 birds , not been out for months now . having to screw the inner mesh door shut each day . trap and vents sealed over to prevent entry . remaining stock birds in the caravan .

Definite increase in both. Two male Stoats in loft killed one bird before the problem was solved. Sparrow-hawks are killing a pigeon a day that my wife feeds then the buzzards are attacking the Sparrow-hawks and taking the carcass. Has anyone else have this problem.

I have four Lakeland terriers and I keep on top of the rodents that kill my birds not lost a bird since I started letting them out at Crimbo time got two feral pigeons that feed in the chicken coop they let me know when a new rodent is about

since moving here i have been plagued with the above lost dozens of birds . stock birds and former fed toppers all had heads removed leaving most bodies on the floor . with around 30 youngsters flying out , lost the odd 1 in the loft with same results . nightmare gets worse , due to the attacks majority of young would not trap . although after 3 days on a neighbours roof they would home in due to hunger . that happened on 3 occasions . leaving a week to gain there confidence again . however doing a head count after each event 2 or 3 missing each time . clearly taken by hawks .now down to 17 birds , not been out for months now . having to screw the inner mesh door shut each day . trap and vents sealed over to prevent entry . remaining stock birds in the caravan .

thank you for the phone call Dougie , information given is much appreciated :pidge: