Where To Buy

Thanks for the reply and as it turns out I am also a member of the Sportsman NFC same as Ken

in fact a founder member and I have always done the ETS all systems. I know Southwell birds are not a Scottish strain but I think they will be good at the distance. Why I mention the Scottish birds

is the fact I have done well with them. I won the NEHU Queens cup 2011 aprox 14000 birds with a blue cock I bred from a hen I bred from Dale Newcombe and a cock I bred from Scot Gibson of Ironbrige this was with the West Durham Amalgamation the same bird was was 44th overall the year before. Then I can say I have very much held my own in the Sportsman first with a blue hen I bred from birds of John McNiell, she won from 440 to Saints 618 miles with many wins in-between only beaten once but was second. Then I have a red hen bred from birds I got from R Combs never won a race but had many seconds, thirds and fourths up to 618 miles. In 2019 I was first and second N section NFC with two sisters I bred from Bob McDonald few birds made it as it was said to be a smash. In one race I had the only bird on the day with my Scottish mixture. I must mention a red hen I bred from birds I got from Mr Buchan whom is at the top of Scotland as this hen twice flew Tarbes 800 miles but twice just out of time. In 2020 I only flew two races in the WDA and two in the Sportsman and won nothing. Ken

did well in the old hens and young bird race with three of his young birds flying 410 miles timing in poor weather on the morning of the second day.

B Blackett & Son is the name I fly under. I thank you for the phone No. And I got the number of Dave Elliot from the SU so I shall contact them both.