Xmas Race ?

hotrod

Del Boy you not running the east to west xmas race this year ?

Can't be run m8, money not paid back by a member last year that raced a pigeon not in his name. Plenty have asked me to go ahead and run it but it cant go ahead. I've been offered sponsorship for it but its fked now.

Edited by Delboy

Can't be run m8, money not paid back by a member last year that raced a pigeon not in his name. Plenty have asked me to go ahead and run it but it cant go ahead. I've been offered sponsorship for it but its fked now.

That's unfortunate Derek just a pity that a so called pigeon fancier would behave in that way rules are there to be adhered to hopefully the Shu will sort it out take care and all the best Dale

shame on the person not paying back the moneyback he has messed it up for a good xmas race for fanciers

Aye Jamie and the guy said I had a vendetta against him because I asked for the money back for the guys that won it. expletive remove, I’m the secretary and getting the blame for him stealing the money lol

https://www.gov.scot/publications/avian-influenza-bird-flu/?fbclid=IwAR2xSz0O3Ue4RF_OOd6Nm0gAc8izHd0m9YbtZBKTOGDUxgUNVDvybhM_TIU

And an e-mail I got this morning from APHA trying to arrange a gathering for shows in December & January

i think the SHU are announcing similar today .

its a shame you cant continue Del , and a bigger shame on whoever took the monies un-fairly :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Aye Jamie and the guy said I had a vendetta against him because I asked for the money back for the guys that won it. expletive remove, I’m the secretary and getting the blame for him stealing the money lol

You couldn make that up shockin

Aberdeen

Dear A

.Scottish Government press release was issued at 17:00 on 11 Nov 2020 announcing the introduction of a SCOTLAND WIDE AVIAN INFLUENZA PREVENTION ZONE.

Full text of the declaration, including the list of requirements for bird keepers can be found at www.gov.scot/avianinfluenza

ALL BIRD GATHERINGS WITHING THE PREVENTION ZONE (THE WHOLE OF SCOTLAND) ARE PROHIBITED. THEREFORE THE GENERAL LICENCE THAT HAD PERMITTED BIRD GATHERINGS HAS BEEN REVOKED

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

The Scottish Homing Union Online

Please do not reply to emails addressed to 'noreply@shuonline.co.uk' as these are not monitored and the SHU will be unable to respond.

If you have a general enquiry please email the SHU at 'shuenquiries@shuonline.co.uk'.

If you wish to report a stray pigeon you can do so online at 'www.shuonline.co.uk/strays/strays.htm'.

You may also find the information you are look for on the SHU website 'www.shuonline.co.uk'.

Check out the SHU website 'www.shuonline.co.uk' for news, reporting strays, SHU documents and more.

D dont want to sound stupid but were the doos not verified before paying out thought that was all ways done anyway should be good sportsman and hand back cash

Everybody that entered were told if they won any money he would pay it out early but if anything was found to be wrong with result then all money would be paid back so when found that bird was not in entrants name he should have paid back any monies he won expletive remove if the pigeons not in ur name surely the decent thing to do is pay the money back the guys that had won this money are still waiting very unsporting

Last year I read derek saying it wasn't supported enough and he wouldn't do it again

Now it's because he paid out without due diligence

I cant believe you are on here condoning basic cheating shame shame shame on you

Everybody that entered were told if they won any money he would pay it out early but if anything was found to be wrong with result then all money would be paid back so when found that bird was not in entrants name he should have paid back any monies he won expletive remove if the pigeons not in ur name surely the decent thing to do is pay the money back the guys that had won this money are still waiting very unsporting

didnt know that derrick hopfully big del got the person to sign to that effect for the monies, then there shouldnt be a problem with any action required to get it back

didnt know that derrick hopfully big del got the person to sign to that effect for the monies, then there shouldnt be a problem with any action required to get it back

I said the same thing to del about paying money out so quickly , his reply wasit was nearly xmas and the guy that won the money had a young family . Fair play to him but hindsight is a wonderful thing .

D dont want to sound stupid but were the doos not verified before paying out thought that was all ways done anyway should be good sportsman and hand back cash

Cash only was taken in for the race so it could be paid out quickly for Xmas. Its nice to be nice Charlie and it worked well the two years previous.

Hey Charlie a quick question pal , have run the winter shows for years payed out on night before any bird is checked to see it’s in the said persons name , doesn’t matter if it’s fir £5/£10 or hundreds of pounds likethe xmas race in question . You pay out on trust , now I don’t think anyone out there would argue that it the bird was raced and won money and not in participants name . We’ve all done it , u openly say my first bird on clock or whatever pigeon is debris it’s not transferred yet that’s not the problem , it’s the attitude like I don’t care I’m not paying money back is in gentlemanly conduct in anyone’s eyes .